Removing front grille to install tow hook??

jheyden

I need to transport my Aventador soon (using a winch to load) but I can't remove the front grille to access the tow hook port. I have a hook I made and a small flat screwdriver but I'm not sure how to press the tab

to release it. Flashed a bright light so I can kind of see where they're located but I'm getting close to damaging the paint/grille. Does anyone have any pics or tips on how to release the tab?

Thanks

It's really not that hard. Obviously you're looking at the left front, or passenger side vent. The four tabs that hold the vent on have a raised edge on the inside edge of the tab. If you have something thin enough you can slide it in the slot near the tab and lift to release it. Lamborghini makes a tool for this but it's $350.00 I use the upper right tab, and put a screwdriver in the edge of the vent, I then use a hook made out of a coat hanger to pull on the vent and it pops right out. The coat hanger needs a sharp hook or it will just bend when pulling on it.

Sorry, the bottom picture is actually upside down as I'm leaning over to take the shot of the screwdriver at the top of the vent. Sorry the bottom picture is inverted, the screwdriver is in the top of the vent. You can protect the cowling by putting a piece of duct tape on it or plastic ip the screwdriver. Putting it back is easy, just snap it in.

post-15160-1433071015_thumb.jpg

post-15160-1433071031_thumb.jpg

post-15160-1433071046_thumb.jpg

post-15160-1433071062_thumb.jpg

It's really not that hard. Obviously you're looking at the left front, or passenger side vent. The four tabs that hold the vent on have a raised edge on the inside edge of the tab. If you have something thin enough you can slide it in the slot near the tab and lift to release it. Lamborghini makes a tool for this but it's $350.00 I use the upper right tab, and put a screwdriver in the edge of the vent, I then use a hook made out of a coat hanger to pull on the vent and it pops right out. The coat hanger needs a sharp hook or it will just bend when pulling on it.

Sorry, the bottom picture is actually upside down as I'm leaning over to take the shot of the screwdriver at the top of the vent. Sorry the bottom picture is inverted, the screwdriver is in the top of the vent. You can protect the cowling by putting a piece of duct tape on it or plastic ip the screwdriver. Putting it back is easy, just snap it in.

Got it! :icon_mrgreen: I used the upper right tab, and put a flat screwdriver(wrapped in duck tape) in the top of the vent, I then used a hook made out of a coat hanger to pull on the vent and it popped right out

Thanks for the help.