Anyone tried this bluetooth adapter for the HK?

Stimpy

Just to update this thread (don't you hate it when you search for a problem, find a thread with the exact problem, and they never updated the solution even after years??)

So I bought this cable from amazon just to try because it comes with the keys to pull the unit:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NT8H62...ailpage_o01_s00

It works!

A couple of notes on my version of the Becker: First, it's model number BE 7881, which no one has the instruction on how to switch to AUX. It looks just like other radios where the instructions are to hold the TP button for 10 seconds to get the AUX menu, but that doesn't work. In the end, I found the AUX by searching through the sound settings menu (where you change bass, treble etc), and using the next arrow to get to the setting. It happened quick, so I don't remember the exact sequence, but at least you know it can be done, and it's in the sound menu. I don't believe the settings will show up until you disconnect the CD changer and plug in the AUX cable.

I went ahead and ordered the Bluetooth module above because it has a nice clean power installation, and looks pretty configurable, now that I know my radio will support it.

Oh, when taking out the radio, be advised that there is a bracket screwed to the back that you have to remove with an 8mm socket. It's very easy to get access through the kick panel on the passenger foot well. That panel is just held on with 3 push tabs. I bought new ones at the parts store and slightly modified the heads to fit in the brackets. Mine was held on with only 1 push pin that was very worn out (don't you love sloppy mechanics working on 6 figure cars like they are Yugos?).

2015_12_28_17.42.43.jpg

2015_12_27_23.08.34.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a pic of the bluetooth unit.

And here's how you reliably set the AUX input: Press the sound settings button one time until the controls for the bass, treble, etc show up. Then press and hold the sound settings until a secondary menu shows up. You have to press the button for the -> to get to the next set of options, and there you will see AUX off/on.

2016_01_02_19.11.43.jpg

Just an update that the Bluetooth streaming has another advantage other than just an easy way to listen to your music through the factory sound system. The other benefit is that the sound is much more clear than listening to the radio.

As a result, while the stock system sounds embarrassingly crappy while listening to the radio to passengers expecting awesomeness from a $300K car, it actually sounds pretty darn good while listening to music on Spotify or any other phone music.

This is good for me, because I don't like overhauling factory sound systems.