Air Intake (Bat Wing) not retracting

alecela

photo.JPG

Over the weekend, I was idling for a little while and I pressed the bat wing switch to raise up the air-intake to allow more cooling. Normally the second I start rolling, the wing would start to retract. This time it stayed on all the way until I parked and switched off the car, then it retracted FULLY. Hoping it was a one time aberration, I walked off to have my coffee...

Upon returning and re-starting the car, the bat wing automatically raised up and won't go down even if I hit the swich. I 'conservatively' drove the car back home and parked. While leaving the engine on, I tried to pay more attention:

Upon hitting the switch, I noticed it was between two positions of: Raising fully and Raising halfway. i.e. u hit the swtich it will raise up fully, you hit it again it would retract halfway. Upon switching off, it now remains halfway retracted...

While I have to admit the car looks kind of kool w/ the bat wing partly raised, I prefer to know the problem and rectify it. As such, any pointer/suggestion welcome.

It was just in automatic mode, it was probably hot enough outside to warrant them being up. Mine came up a few times today on their own.

Try and reset the system by:

1. fully raise batwings

2. shut off car

3. kill battery switch in engine bay (do it asap after shutting of car)

Then put them down

1. Push and hold the bat wing button on the center console

2. While holding the button, turn the ignition on, the bat wings will start to lower, continue to hold the button until the wings lower completely

This happened and still happens to me. Give White out suggestion a go, hopefully its a once off. Mine is hit and miss. Sometimes it'll go down itself or sometimes have to bypass manual mode.

If I remember correctly, you don't have to disconnect the battery. Hold the vent button down and turn the ignition on/off 3 times and it will go back down.

If I remember correctly, you don't have to disconnect the battery. Hold the vent button down and turn the ignition on/off 3 times and it will go back down.

Do you just turn it to the on/off position or you have to literally start the engine three times? I'd rather not turn off the battery: I only get to drive the car once every week or two and I used to disconnect the battery, as advised by the official dealer. Due to the complete wipe-out of computer, the car would idle roughly etc etc....