Superleggera in grey

TwinV10

Hello guys-

My first post. Longtime Viper owner ('09 and '10 ACR's among others) with a question concerning the subject car.

Thinking of picking up a Gallardo in the near future.

There is a grey Superleggera at a dealer near me in New York. Not an authorized dealer but a high end car dealer.

Is grey considerd a less desirable color overall than the more "in your face" colors available?

I'm not sure how I feel about it. It looks classy, but is it a tougher sell than others because of the color.

I realize colors are very subjective but what is the overall consensus on the grey?

I do like the Orange and yellow better but if the price was right...opinions?

Thank you!

Hello guys-

My first post. Longtime Viper owner ('09 and '10 ACR's among others) with a question concerning the subject car.

Thinking of picking up a Gallardo in the near future.

There is a grey Superleggera at a dealer near me in New York. Not an authorized dealer but a high end car dealer.

Is grey considerd a less desirable color overall than the more "in your face" colors available?

I'm not sure how I feel about it. It looks classy, but is it a tougher sell than others because of the color.

I realize colors are very subjective but what is the overall consensus on the grey?

I do like the Orange and yellow better but if the price was right...opinions?

Thank you!

First, this is coming from a multi Telesto owner with some bias to grey and assume you are talking 2008: It was the second lowest produced '08 SL color, next to white. White and Grey have been the most desirable for the '08 SL from what I have seen...possibly just due to production #s.

I get an amazing amount of compliments on the grey. Many respect it more since the car is already in your face...the grey tones it down a tad.

When you go to resell, it all depends on the buyer. I would say there is an equal fair share of people who prefer the subtle colors vs. greens, yellows and oranges. If you like it...buy it, if its not doing anything for YOU, find a different color. It sounds like you would prefer a different color, don't skimp, find the right car.

First, this is coming from a multi Telesto owner with some bias to grey and assume you are talking 2008: It was the second lowest produced '08 SL color, next to white. White and Grey have been the most desirable for the '08 SL from what I have seen...possibly just due to production #s.

I get an amazing amount of compliments on the grey. Many respect it more since the car is already in your face...the grey tones it down a tad.

When you go to resell, it all depends on the buyer. I would say there is an equal fair share of people who prefer the subtle colors vs. greens, yellows and oranges. If you like it...buy it, if its not doing anything for YOU, find a different color. It sounds like you would prefer a different color, don't skimp, find the right car.

You're probably right if it's not love at first sight it's not the right color for you.

I have bought a few and had buyers remorse set in pretty quick.

But there is something to be said for buying a car 20 miles away, versus 3000...

You're probably right if it's not love at first sight it's not the right color for you.

I have bought a few and had buyers remorse set in pretty quick.

But there is something to be said for buying a car 20 miles away, versus 3000...

Yes and no :) If it was the difference between buying a car from a local dealer, vs. 3rd party 3k miles away, definitely yes. If the dealer was 3k miles and the local car was 3rd party, I would consider the dealer car. I bought my 560 from Lambo BH, yet I live in Chicago with 2 local dealers. I wouldn't let distance deter you from buying the right car...a lot of guys buy and ship cars cross country.

Yes and no :) If it was the difference between buying a car from a local dealer, vs. 3rd party 3k miles away, definitely yes. If the dealer was 3k miles and the local car was 3rd party, I would consider the dealer car. I bought my 560 from Lambo BH, yet I live in Chicago with 2 local dealers. I wouldn't let distance deter you from buying the right car...a lot of guys buy and ship cars cross country.

I appreciate the input thank you.

There is a SL at Lamborghini Dallas that is right in the sweet spot for what I am looking for.

I have bought several NEW cars from dealers and had the shipped but of course they don't need the close inspection used cars require.

Both of my Viper ACR's were shipped to me from Tomball Dodge in Texas.

I do feel much more comfortable buying from a L dealer of course.

Problamatic for me to view the car in person so has to be a leap of faith it's solid if I go that route.

-Thanks

Grigio is a great looking color on the Lambo - and in particular the SL.

The color looks very 'military' if you will....Subtle, but all business.

If it's in the area, and has about 15-18k miles, I think I know the car...Was owned by a friend of mine a town over....

Found a pic.....

Looks like he has CCB's, but I think no rear cam....It did have bluetooth, though...

Dr_J_2.jpg

Color is subjective but I tell you the grigio telesto is the only lambo color Ill go with. On my 3rd in this color. Had 2008 Superleggera, 2008 Murcialago and now a 2011 LP570 all in grigio telesto. The color gets so many compliments I cant count. Looks like a stealth fighter. The lambo stands out in traffic enough by design. I cant even imagine it in yellow or green. Not my taste anyway. So many people have come up to me and said that was the most unique color theyve ever seen and the best looking lambo ever. Just my .02c.

Grigio is a great looking color on the Lambo - and in particular the SL.

The color looks very 'military' if you will....Subtle, but all business.

If it's in the area, and has about 15-18k miles, I think I know the car...Was owned by a friend of mine a town over....

Not the same car apparently, this has 7K on it.

Best of luck with the purchase. I think I know the car. Being sold by Bentley of Long Island if I'm not mistaken. They've got it on Manheim/OVE.com for $154,500

Keep us posted!

Best of luck with the purchase. I think I know the car. Being sold by Bentley of Long Island if I'm not mistaken. They've got it on Manheim/OVE.com for $154,500

Keep us posted!

That's the car.

Thanks but not going for it. Just don't love the color enough although it is nice looking.

If it was in Orange or Yellow I'd probably be all over it since its 15 miles away.

I'm in no hurry the right one will come along.

Tolesto Grey is an amazing colour, from some angles it looks like hard grey primer and it has quite a few twists of phenomonal greys, it also, under certain bright sunny days gives off the most beautiful pearly grey, with a very slight touch of, (Very, very slight) touch of bronze overtones.

That's what my Tolesto Grey Superleggra looks like.

It's a mettalic colour that does'nt often appear to be, mettalic. :icon_mrgreen:

I can vouch for the guys at Lamborghini Dallas. As long as Mike Luongo, the head tech at Lambo Dallas tells you everything is good on the car, I would not worry about it at all. Call them up and talk to Mike if you like the Arancio Borealis SL.

I can vouch for the guys at Lamborghini Dallas. As long as Mike Luongo, the head tech at Lambo Dallas tells you everything is good on the car, I would not worry about it at all. Call them up and talk to Mike if you like the Arancio Borealis SL.

Had someone take a first hand look at it yesterday.

Rear CF diffuser scraped and damaged, obvious paint defect on lower passenger door.

All somewhat minor but.....

Wiil pass on that one.

The gray is so hot. There was one at TX2k12 (pretty sure a member on this board) and It looked so good in person. The only one that would make me give up on finding a gray is the white....but with what, only like 10 made...fat chance lol

The gray is so hot. There was one at TX2k12 (pretty sure a member on this board) and It looked so good in person. The only one that would make me give up on finding a gray is the white....but with what, only like 10 made...fat chance lol

it was mine.

Thats what I kinda figured lol... Gonna have it out at the tx mile this year after UGR is done w/ it?

I'll have my GT for sure. Not sure I'm ready to cage the SL and run it at the Mile. I'll do the Hennessey 1/2 mile or full mile if I can without a cage in the SL.

In my opinion the color does play a big part when buying or selling a car; i used to think that the Telesto was a very desirable color due to the low production numbers on the 08 SL; don't get me wrong I think that the grey ones looks awesome up close; but on a picture.....?

There was about 28 Telestos and 47 and 45 Arancios and Giallo ones respectively; maybe more people order the Orange and the Yellow ones rather than the Grays.

In the market place there is actually more Gray ones than Orange or Yellow; how many of the 28 are in the market or have recently been? so what is the consumer consensus?

In my opinion the color does play a big part when buying or selling a car; i used to think that the Telesto was a very desirable color due to the low production numbers on the 08 SL; don't get me wrong I think that the grey ones looks awesome up close; but on a picture.....?

There was about 28 Telestos and 47 and 45 Arancios and Giallo ones respectively; maybe more people order the Orange and the Yellow ones rather than the Grays.

In the market place there is actually more Gray ones than Orange or Yellow; how many of the 28 are in the market or have recently been? so what is the consumer consensus?

IMO it's a very "classy" color with zero pop.

IMO it's a very "classy" color with zero pop.

In pictures it looks really flat and dull...but in person I think it looks a LOT nicer

but I must say again....white= so fine lol

Grey Lambo's have a cool stealth quality. The Oranges, Yellows and Greens pop in that loud way, but Grey and Black are just as cool in the stealth batman style. It's all about what you want. I have a balloon white Gallardo, and I love it. It looks classy. I have an orange Aventador. Every time I see a grey or black one I want that, every time I see a green or yellow one I want that, they are all cool. It's all good. Different styles, but all are cool. They are Lambo's. They look great in every color.

Side note: Originally when I got in the market for a Gallardo I was looking for a grey SL. It was my favorite. Then orange.