Valve Management on the Diablo

Placid

Does all 5.7 Diablo's >98 have valve management and 530 HP? And is the difference between the 492HP and 530HP engine noticeable?

Also, I've seen a '97 SV for sale with 525HP, is this the stock power for the '97 SV? I thought it was 510HP until the '98 model...

Does all 5.7 Diablo's >98 have valve management and 530 HP?
Thats my understanding. In years prior the cars had differing HP ratings.

And is the difference between the 492HP and 530HP engine noticeable?
IMO, at some point in between a 5 and 10% power increase the difference can easily be felt.

Also, I've seen a '97 SV for sale with 525HP, is this the stock power for the '97 SV? I thought it was 510HP until the '98 model...
Thats what I believe too.

-mick

Remember that with valve management, the difference in feel is not necessarily related just to the difference in peak power. I doubt many people could feel 38hp worth of difference in a Diablo, particularly in VTs with the higher driveline losses.

However, the VVT can make a big difference in the shape of the horsepower/torque curves for a motor. This means that a VVT car will usually have greater torque across a wider rev band. This you generally will feel more easily.

I can't find any pre- or post-VVT curves for the Diablo in my short search, but it would be interesting to see how the curves differ in shape with the valve management. Anyone got pre- and post- curves for the Diablo they can post?