Any have one of the new supercharged range rover sports?

Kris P.

I was going to purchase either a Range Rover sport or Range Rover supercharged, and I must say, everything is better in the full-size Range. The sport, although a little sleeker looking is much smaller and just cramped feeling. In my opinion, it was either full size, or a different vehicel.

I was going to purchase either a Range Rover sport or Range Rover supercharged, and I must say, everything is better in the full-size Range.  The sport, although a little sleeker looking is much smaller and just cramped feeling.  In my opinion, it was either full size, or a different vehicel.

Agreed 100%.

The RR Sport is not a REAL Range Rover. It has all the mechanicals (and chassis) of a LR3/Discovery 3 but wearing a similar shell of a Range Rover. As a stand alone vehicle, it's not bad of a car --- LR3 off-road capability (the superb Terrain Response System), super-charged 4.2 Jaguar engine, Brembo brakes (front only), etc... But the coach work (interior finish) is not even close to the Ranger Rover and the Sport seems too small to be called a Range Rover but yet too big to be "Sporty". The LR3, BTW, is just as capable (ok, it's not a fast), and far more versatile for a lot less money. But if it's a Ranger that you want, get the genuine Ranger Rover Super Charged. Slightly more money but a lot more car for the money --- a much better buy.

I considered getting the range rover sport here in Dubai. There are a lot of them on the roads right now. The local guys love any new model and go crazy to get them first. I have the full size range rover and it's a much bigger and slower than the sport but a lot more usefull with a family. If you want a fast mid size 4x4 get the porsche cayenne turbo, I've have had one for over a year now and still smile every time I drive it. No other 4x4 can compare to the speed of this thing it's awesome.

Michael