Reversing Camera on a 6ltr

Jonny5

Did 6.0's come with screens for back-up cameras? I didn't think Lambo offered that until the 06 Gallardo.

I replaced the stock 3-cd Alpine dash unit on my 97 roadster with an Alpine DV-310 that has a 7-inch slide out LCD. I coupled that with a license-plate mounted camera. I originally wanted it to be concealed in the rear grill but my installer talked me out of it due to the heat generated by the engine. After owning the car for a while, I completely understand how a camera would melt back there.

The camera has worked great so far and it has definitely helped out.

I tried, but the interface was a pain in the butt, and swapped out the alpine for a more modern pioneer. (obviously, i have the alpine to go with the car if someone wants to put it back to factory). the interface really only allows camera use when in reverse. The Pioneer, on the other hand, allows camera always on, the Pioneer is far more user friendly to operate- touch screen controls, rather than multiple remotes, and the little Pioneer camera, mounted to an aftermarket license plate frame, looks clean, and didn't involve any 'cutting.'

• 3 years later...

@BeachBummed and @Whart: where did you run the wires for your license-plate-mounted reverse camera? I've got a 98 SV, and have just bought a license plate reverse camera and an upgraded head unit that takes composite video input. I'm not sure which way to run the wires is best.

1. From one of the license plate light sockets above the plate
  2. Through the bumper's rubber boot
  3. Through the existing round hole in the black grill from which the exhaust pipes extend

I'm not sure about the heat, and about how much insulation on the wires will be necessary.

Finally, once the wires run down the console tunnel, what's the best way to get it back into the dash?