pronunciation

ADRNLYZ

The answer is as simple as Ferrucchio Lamborghini was a enthusiastic fan of spanish bull fighting (Olé, olé) which is a tradition hated by mostly of people here. All the Lamborghini names are in relation with famous bulls sacrified as an "spectacle". The name Miura is from a well known bull ranch in Spain providing the biggest and more furious and famous bulls ever.

Names as Urraco, Espada, Diablo etc........are taken from this "bull parade". :(

How do you pronounce Jalpa then? Is that a famous bull as well? How many people think that's a Lamborghini here (or knows the history)?

How do you pronounce Jalpa then? Is that a famous bull as well? How many people think that's a Lamborghini here (or knows the history)?

Pronounce this in english, "Halpa"

Gallardo = GA (as reading in english the word "Cat", but "g" sounding and no last "t")

LLAR (as reading in english the word "Jar")

DO (as saying "do" as in do re mi fa...)

Ga-jar-do

the "o" ends abruptly or dry, no singing an "o" at the end.

Castilian or as some call it spanish, is my natural language.

Guy are dough. Simple as that. Guh lar dough sounds stupid to me, and I used to say it that way. Had to train myself not to lol

When watching the Valentino Balboni video of the 550 he pronounces the L and says Ga-lardo, is this the factory pronunciation?

1min.45 seconds.

When watching the Valentino Balboni video of the 550 he pronounces the L and says Ga-lardo, is this the factory pronunciation?

1min.45 seconds.

Touche'

I'll still say "guy" rather than "gul" but touche'

Great vid btw! Thanks for posting! Gets kind of emotional towards the end. What a great guy

Estoque at 2:27 and 3:24, doest look too shabby

OK. I speak both Spanish and Italian and everyone is pretty much correct in BOTH instances. Lets recognize the difference. The name is after a famous SPANISH Bull, we all know that. Since it is a Spanish name we should pronounce it as such. Guy-Yar-tho, and the "DO" combination (in Spanish) is actually pronounced as if in English you are saying "TH" as in "THE" just end with an "O"(with the O very sharp and short ending).

This is the TRUE way for MOST Spanish speakers and most Americans that dont speak either language. Cause afterall that is the correct name. Now for the guys that speak Castillian and/or Argentines the "LL" is also pronounced in Spanish with a "jha" sound as ToroCojonudo mentioned. Afterall it is also Spanish but with a dialect pronounced difference in the pronounciation of "double Ls" (this is spanish). So in their case it's Guy-JHartho...

Alot like ROdeo and roDEO difference. depends on which person is speaking and their background.

Now here's where it gets a little sticky. Because it is an Italian marque, some Italians may choose to pronounce it as they would normally say it in their language, which in this case you hear some of the Lambo Factory Folks say Ga-Lardo. It actually isnt the right way to say the name since it is truly a Spanish derived name, but for those in which the word as a name exists (as it does in Italian), I guess I can understand the differenciation since the "Double L" or ll doesn't exist in Italian as a single separate letter, as it does in Spanish. So the Italians pronounce it ga-LAR-do (even though its a Spanish name). Something about the Italian's stubborness to use their version of Latin pronunciation (but I don't wanna get into history)...

It's like if your name is Mike and a purely Spanish speaker calls you Mee Kay (Mi being Mee and Ke being Kay in Spanish). It's not how it's supposed to be but the name really doesnt exist in Spanish, hence the derivation of Miguel (Mee Kel or Mee Gel) came about in the development of the language as names became culturally mixed.

But if you arent familiar with either languages, then say it the way it was meant to be said and call it a Guy-Yartho...(I know you Florida boys can get it down, but for the "white-boys" that have no spice just say Guy-Yar-Do). :)

By the way, Murcielago is: moor see EL ago (emphasis or accent on the "EL", the "AGO" is pronounced as ago in english with a short O, NOT laaaago), the Italians pronounce that word (bat, as in the animal) the same. That one's driven me crazy for years. I've NEVER heard anyone in the states say that one correctly..........

1min.45 seconds.

I think that Balboni, and nobody else here is the authority. :eusa_naughty:

He is highly admired and respected. I think he knows how to pronounce it, huh? Especially in a commercial, scrutinized by Lambo execs.

I keep telling you (see above), it is pronounced Ga-lar-do. With an "L". Sounds better, stronger. Not super wimpy like with the "y" pronounciation.

Watch the video. Who are we to argue with Balboni, really.

Balboni :icon_pray: