Another question on the shifter on the diablo

ab

I have been reading and hearing that the shifter on the Diablos break easy? Is this true? Wonder if i should buy a spare?

I have been reading and hearing that the shifter on the Diablos break easy? Is this true? Wonder if i should buy a spare?

I don't know about the Diablo, but I know 3 different Murcielagos that the shifter broke on.

To my knowledge, The early Murci's were the only ones that had a problem with the shifter snapping off. I may be wrong, but I think this is it, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Josh

Yes, hard shifting.

Does the rod itself break or does something else break?

Does the rod itself break or does something else break?

The shift lever just breaks off at the root.

Until the Murci I never heard of ANY Lambo having a problem with the shifter breaking.

I have had 3 Diablos since 1996 and never a problem, over 70,000KM total driving. And I have lots of friends with Diablos, never heard of this until the Murci.

-J

Until the Murci I never heard of ANY Lambo having a problem with the shifter breaking.

I have had 3 Diablos since 1996 and never a problem, over 70,000KM total driving. And I have lots of friends with Diablos, never heard of this until the Murci.

-J

Same here, the first time I ever heard of this happening was with this diablo where it happened right in front of me!

CAR magazine reviewed an early Diablo, which caught fire on one occasion; after getting the car back to complete the review, the shifter stalk broke. As I remember, they used a socket wrench extender to shift the car 'til they got it home.

Still gave a glowing review. (The full review is reprinted in their book, History of the Supercar, which is loads of fun and has many great pics).

We've had a couple in the shop that broke (Diablo) and it was caused from trying to force it in gear when the clutch was bad.