Which tires?

nero

No N rating on the P Zero Rossos that came with my car. (yes, I look for excuses to go to the garage and look at my car)

Sorry for going off-topic.. but slowpoke, I love your avatar & the quote under it.. tonight we dine in hell :icon_mrgreen:

I loved that movie.

Can't wait for the DVD!

This reffers to the Cup tire and not the regular PS2 correct?

Yes, this is in reference to the MPSC (Michelin Pilot Sport Cup).

Just the rears. I'm not made of money and I don't race. Pzero's wear 220 front and 160 rear... and in my case, the rears go quicker. I drive a lot and need something more reasonable in price and wear. The load rating is lower on the re960a/s but it's like 96w vs 100y. I think that'sfine unless I gained weight and carried a large person. I may replace the fronts but I have enough tread on them now. I don't see a reason to get matced sets (not at this time of the year anyway) unless the tires were terribly mismatched. I'm not messing with width, ratio, size, or rims.

So... has anyone used the RE960A/S or will I be the first?

PS At some point I want to get a full set of PZero's on lighter rims for the track but not now. Road use is more important to me right now.

Not a great way to think. Just because a tire sidewall says it is 295/30-19, does not mean its measurements are exact. As I like to put it - A tire size is not another tire size. The PS2 in OEM numbering is larger in diameter than the Pirelli. As sensitive as the front differential is, you should either order a matching set of 4 from the same type and model or match the rears to the front. I've seen a Murcie kill the front diff doing what you're trying to do.

If you go forth with your plan and mis match the set and have any drivetrain issues, you'll most likely face a warranty denial.

Best of luck.

As sensitive as the front differential is, you should either order a matching set of 4 from the same type and model or match the rears to the front. I've seen a Murcie kill the front diff doing what you're trying to do.
Not to detract from your valid points, the issue is not front or rear diffs but rather the viscous coupler aka "limited slip centre diff".

-mick

Not to detract from your valid points, the issue is not front or rear diffs but rather the viscous coupler aka "limited slip centre diff".

-mick

:icon_thumleft: That too...still trying to get over the jetlag.

Sorry for going off-topic.. but slowpoke, I love your avatar & the quote under it.. tonight we dine in hell :icon_mrgreen:

Leonidas made one hell of an impact on me, I simply can't get enough of him! Gay? Then so be it :icon_mrgreen:

Leonidas made one hell of an impact on me, I simply can't get enough of him! Gay? Then so be it :icon_mrgreen:

Too Much Info.... Gay - Yes.

I need to replace my rear tires soon as well, i plan on going OEM..Dont want to screw anything up as mentioned by SDS.

What are the OEM tires rated at ..186mph? isn't top speed 196MPH

• 2 years later...

Yes yes, this is an ancient thread but I wanted to say that the bridgestones didn't pose any issues on the Gallardo. I never used them on the track. For speed and handling, the PS2 and now PS3's as well as the PZero Rosso down to the slicks can't be beat. The bridgestones will not compare to any of the "summer" tires but they have proven to be durable and capable for the Gallardo in ALL conditions. I may try the Sottozeros for the winter at some point but given the performance of the 960's, I doubt it's worth it and geez, they are only V rated...

Yes yes, this is an ancient thread but I wanted to say that the bridgestones didn't pose any issues on the Gallardo. I never used them on the track. For speed and handling, the PS2 and now PS3's as well as the PZero Rosso down to the slicks can't be beat. The bridgestones will not compare to any of the "summer" tires but they have proven to be durable and capable for the Gallardo in ALL conditions. I may try the Sottozeros for the winter at some point but given the performance of the 960's, I doubt it's worth it and geez, they are only V rated...

Have you tried Hankook V12 Evos? From most online tire distributors, they are about 800/set. I have a set on right now and they do their job. Probably not the grippiest tires out there, but you have AWD and relatively large tires, so for street applications, you'll be okay.

I haven't tried the Hankook V12 Evos. I think I'd rather stick with the Bridgestones for all season and ContiSport Contact 3 (I said PS3 before but I meant the Contact 3) for the summer.