Lexus SC 430 or Cadillac XLR???

Ray G

What do you guys think. The Cadillac will be much more fun to drive but the Lexus has a much nicer interior and I'm assuming better reliability. Opinions?

Lexus. I am actually going to trade up my SC300 for a 430 soon. The interior of the 430 is beautiful, it is better quality than that of an XLR, the resell value is better, they are more reliable, require less maintainence, and Lexus customer service is the best. The XLR might be more fun to drive, I have never driven one, but I would imagine so. The 430 is FWD but has plenty of power. Overall value, the 430 wins hands down. If anything, I would consider the two cars not sports cars, but sports cruisers, and in that category, the SC430 would take the cake. You have a Lamborghini for driving fun :icon_mrgreen: .

The leather is so plush in the 430, the creature comforts are nice...it is an amazing machine. Go test drive the two, I guarantee you that the 430 will win you over :icon_mrgreen: .

Lexus. I am actually going to trade up my SC300 for a 430 soon. The interior of the 430 is beautiful, it is better quality than that of an XLR, the resell value is better, they are more reliable, require less maintainence, and Lexus customer service is the best. The XLR might be more fun to drive, I have never driven one, but I would imagine so. The 430 is FWD but has plenty of power. Overall value, the 430 wins hands down. If anything, I would consider the two cars not sports cars, but sports cruisers, and in that category, the SC430 would take the cake. You have a Lamborghini for driving fun :icon_mrgreen: .

The leather is so plush in the 430, the creature comforts are nice...it is an amazing machine. Go test drive the two, I guarantee you that the 430 will win you over :icon_mrgreen: .

Actually I think Cadillac service is pretty solid too. My dad had a STS when they first came out and he said no dealership has ever treated him nicer.

I thought the SC430 was rear wheel drive, am I mistaken?

I'm buying used and sorry no Mercedes.

Between the 2, the XLR for sure. The 430 looks way too feminine.

:iamwithstupid:

Saw an XLR on the road just yesterday. Looked amazing.

I thought the SC430 was rear wheel drive, am I mistaken?

I'm buying used and sorry no Mercedes.

Correction: RWD.

Between the 2, the XLR for sure. The 430 looks way too feminine.

If you base your choice in women based on looks, down the line, you are going to get screwed. Just change the wheels on an SC430 and you're good to go.

DSCN1772.JPG

Correction: RWD.

If you base your choice in women based on looks, down the line, you are going to get screwed. Just change the wheels on an SC430 and you're good to go.

DSCN1772.JPG

Cool. So the next time I see a chick that I don't find attractive, I'll just go buy her a pair Jimmy Choo's, and I'm good to go! No, not really.

Cars and women are bad comparison. No disrespect meant to guys that drive SC430's, but everytime I see a guy driving that car it gives me a weird impression. The SC430 is just one of those cars that I identify with women.

Cool. So the next time I see a chick that I don't find attractive, I'll just go buy her a pair Jimmy Choo's, and I'm good to go! No, not really.

Cars and women are bad comparison. No disrespect meant to guys that drive SC430's, but everytime I see a guy driving that car it gives me a weird impression. The SC430 is just one of those cars that I identify with women.

I was actually the same way; my father was going to buy one, but I told him it was a chick car. But, when it comes to me spending my money, I always look for the best value. I don't care about the image as much anymore.

depreciation on the XLR is horrible

Which is why I am buying pre-owned. There are some good deals out there.

Which is why I am buying pre-owned. There are some good deals out there.

And you are going to lose money even if you buy pre-owned. If you were to buy an SC430, you will not be only getting one of the best cars that is actually worth the price tag, but you will get a lot of your money back when it is time to sell. My SC, for example, has not lost ANY money for me, pertaining to depreciation. If I were to sell it, I would actually get 1.5k more than what I paid for it. The decision solely up to you. The way I view it, you buy an XLR, you get a beautiful car that is just that...beautiful. You buy an SC430 and you feel like you are submerged in ultimate luxury.

I'd go for the sc430 also :icon_mrgreen:

Anyway you guys in the US have such cheap cars! I paid 85.000 EUR for my SC430 that's around 110-115 k USD.

Buy the caddillac.

You guys aren't going to belive this:

Well guys I went to buy the Cadillac. I handed over the cash (literally) signed the papers and completed everything. I went out side to look over my new car one more time when the dealership manager calls me inside. He then said "follow me to my office" (Oh boy here we go) He then tells me that he just spoke to the owner and he is not allowed to sell the car that cheap. He then asks me if I could do another $1000. I couldn't believe it! I asked for my cash back and got out of there. They tried stopping me saying "wait we'll call the owner back." I told them it was too late. Of course minutes later my cellphone was ringing with the salesman and manager calling and apologizing. They then said after the third call that they would be willing to honor the original deal. I told them to forget about it.

Went to go look at a SC430. Not quite as sporty as the XLR but a much nicer interior. Got a like new black/black with gold package for a killer deal from a very nice private seller. Gorgeous car.

Went to go look at a SC430. Not quite as sporty as the XLR but a much nicer interior. Got a like new black/black with gold package for a killer deal from a very nice private seller. Gorgeous car.

Horrible dealer, they lost out on a huge sale for an extra 1K? It would have depreciated that 1K if it sat on the lot for one more month or was driven around the block a couple of times on a test drive.

Yesssssss :icon_super: . Now we need some pics :icon_mrgreen: . Congratulations on your purchase! The Lexus will serve you pleasure for years to come :icon_mrgreen: . How does it drive? Smooth huh? I could fall asleep on the interior!

you guys obviously never saw the top gear review of the sc430