Lotus Elise

lambo128

Anyone own a Lotus Elise. My youngest ,down in South Beach,is thinking of buying one as a daily driver. Are they a user friendly everyday driver?

A good friend of mine owns a Lotus Elise. If your youngest one is small, then it can be used for a daily. But, my friend drove that car for a couple days, and he felt like his back went out... hahah. Yeah it's not too daily friendly, its a rough ride because of the suspension and the seats are not that comfortable. But still a good car. Hope this helps.

Anyone own a Lotus Elise. My youngest ,down in South Beach,is thinking of buying one as a daily driver. Are they a user friendly everyday driver?

Depending on his height and weight...it could be every day.

I have an 07 Exige S that I bought for track days and weekend drives. Its a very fast car and very nimble as well...its also very small.

I am 6'1'' 245 LBS and to get into and out of is something of a chore. But once inside, there is plety of room for an afternoon event or drive.

There is not much to these cars and they are powered by Toyota. Not much to worry about. They are basic track machines.

Th

lotus_Exige_S_008.jpg

They are lots of fun but fall short as a daily driver. Getting in & out is difficult and you back will hurt after an hour of driving. Very good to have as a weekend car but for a daily drive, a Mini Cooper S is way better.

I have a Lotus Elise Sport (#22 thank you). Iam about 6-2 270 With the top off you can use it as a daily driver...however with the top on,depending on your size, very difficult. Great car to drive, but few creature comforts. A/C sucks...heat is ok.....seats are not really that comfortable......But lots of fun :)

Hope that helps...

Gregg

I would love to own one, but have driven a couple as club days etc. I'm about 5'11" and though there is lots of room, have to agree with others if the top is on it can be a pain, I kinda of had to twist around and fall into it (watch your head), which would be a huge pain if you were in a tight parking space. I don't know if tha latest ones are any better but these were 03 and 04 models, and the trim and interior seemed a bit.. meh.. and had a sticker warning that the roof is water resistant not water proof, and that inside the cabin may get wet in heavy rain or something. But I've never been in one in the wet so don't know if that is just a joke label or not.