Bentley CGT Speed

brandi

Bentley Continental GT Speed: The quickest, fastest Bentley ever

Author:

Source: Motor Trend

It's called Continental GT Speed, and it's the quickest, fastest Bentley ever, capable of a 4.3-second 0-60 mph time and 202-mph top speed. Bentley says its new 600-horsepower version of the twin-turbo W-12 has been optimized with lower-friction, lighter weight components to cut fuel consumption and C02 emissions. The new version of the engine gets a 9-percent increase in horsepower and a 15-percent increase in torque, to 553 foot-pounds.

Zero to 100 miles per hour comes up in 10.3 seconds and 50 mph to 70 mph takes 2.3 seconds.

You'll tell the Speed from your everyday Continental GT by its wider, lower air intake and a more upright radiator grille that provides more airflow to the engine. The grille and the lower air intakes are in a dark-tinted chrome matrix, and the tailpipes are wider. Inside, there are drilled alloy pedals, a knurled chrome hide gearshift and diamond quilted seat facings, doors and rear quarter-panel.

Bentley has reworked the chassis, too, with a lowered ride height, uprated springs and damper settings and uprated anti-roll bars, plus grippier Pirelli P-Zeros on 9.5Jx20 wheels. The Servotronic steering has been improved for better response.

Both the standard Conti GT and the Conti GT Speed have lost 77 pounds, mostly through suspension and cooling system improvements, and the standard car's engine gets the same treatments that lower weight and friction for better fuel consumption and C02 emissions.

Paying homage to Bentley's original 'Speed' models that first appeared in 1923, the Continental GT Speed will likely make its own mark on Bentley enthusiasts just as its namesakes did.

Bentley Continental GT Speed

Base Price $195,000 (Anticipated)

Vehicle Layout Front engine, RWD, 4-pass, 2-door coupe

Engine 6.0L/600-hp/553 lb-ft twin-turbocharged DOHC 48-valve V12

Transmission 6-speed automatic

Curb Weight 5180 lb (mfr)

Wheelbase 108.0 in

Length x Width x Height 189.1 x 82.7 x 54.3 in

0-60 MPH 4.3 sec (mfr)

EPA City/HWY Econ 10/17 mpg (mfr)

On Sale In U.S. Currently

brandi I hate u i hate u i hate u lol , i was logging on to post it up and saw the speed was already up, sadly i was beat :(

This will be called 610GT

Rims are wrong, to spokey, bulky thick struts ala GTC better, the car is about smooth lines over bulkiness, rims are ouit of sync. Nice as stand alone but not in conjuction with this car.

It will be interesting to see how thirsty this one will be.All CGTs need 40gallon tanks