air bag light

VIVEK

Anyone have any ideas on how to turn off an air bag light on the dash of a '98 SV? Thanks in advance!

Check the fuse too.

-J

My bet is the airbag module... its like 500 bucks from what I remember. I might know where a used one is if it turns out to be that.

Update us when you figure something out-

Thanks for all of the advice--thanks also for the PMs. I will have the car looked at after I get back from Crescent Classic this weekend (www.crescentclassic.com) and let you know what comes of it. About the Crescent--I know, I know, Ferrari event....but the roads are amazing!!! Hopefully with some spirited driving, the light will decide to just turn itself off!!!

• 1 month later...
My bet is the airbag module... its like 500 bucks from what I remember. I might know where a used one is if it turns out to be that.

Update us when you figure something out-

Well the light is now off. From what I've been told, removing the air bag assembly, cleaning the contacts and then clearing the codes usually prevents the light from coming back on. So far, so good. Cost if you can't do it yourself: ~$400 (no parts involved). My source is the service manger at Motor Cars International who did the work.