M3 Widebody Kits

Jerry123

Hello everyone,

I am about to pull the trigger on a 06 Bmw M3 and want to do some upgrades. One of the upgrades being a widebody, or GTR kit. Does anyone know the company that manufactures the kit in the picture below?

Also if you know any good exhaust systems other than Dinan let me know. Suggestions for interior upgrades would be nice as well.

Strassentech carbon lip, Hamann sides, ATR hood, stock fenders with flares and same in the rear. Does that help?

very much, thanks!

Can you get it without the gills on the fender flares? I don't think those do anything for me.

Nope, thats the way it comes. If you dont want the gills, you should order the kit in fiberglass, and find a reputable shop to install the kit, and at the same time, cut them out and make it flush. Im sure I would be able to do each fender within about 3-4 hours.

Flossman is so ugly. Also, with the GTR kit you were referring to... Too much work needs to be done for the car to sit right and look good for a street application. The suspension geometry is completely different ... even the suspension pick up points are different in the GTR race cars. So, for you to not have 5-6 inches of wheel gap you will need to rework and reweld your entire suspension. If money isn't an issue... Ship it to Azevedo Motorsports in NJ and have them do a Custom metal job. Azevedo does some amazing work... Amazing.

Azevedo Motorsports

Flossman is so ugly. Also, with the GTR kit you were referring to... Too much work needs to be done for the car to sit right and look good for a street application. The suspension geometry is completely different ... even the suspension pick up points are different in the GTR race cars. So, for you to not have 5-6 inches of wheel gap you will need to rework and reweld your entire suspension. If money isn't an issue... Ship it to Azevedo Motorsports in NJ and have them do a Custom metal job. Azevedo does some amazing work... Amazing.

Azevedo Motorsports

I like the idea and lines of the car but man, thats too wide at the rear. It looks obese from behind.

Azevedo Motorsports

The GTR kit isnt like taking body panels from a GTR and bolting them up. Its a kit designed to look like the GTR cars, and the suspension on the race car has nothing to do with the street car or the Flossman kit. You dont need to do anything with your suspension to fit this kit. You fit the kit, do the suspension, adjust to your preferance, and youre good. How would you have 5-6 inches of wheel gap? Horizontally? Then you need new wheels, which is expected with a widebody, because stock wheels match up with stock fenders, obviously not with a widebody.

If the kit required a full re-engineering of the suspension, nobody would bother with it.

Edit: The widebody that azevedo did is not a normal fitment of that kit, they made it extra wide. Just look at the pictures of the process.

Azevedo Motorsports

sorry this just does not look good at all.

http://azevedomotorsports.com/gallery/main..._serialNumber=1

You're right, it doesn't. That's what the owner wanted though... He wanted it that wide... It is a very clean job though... Azevedos craftsmanship is excellent. That is what I was demonstrating.