Hey Juice it

Allan-Herbie

I was reminded today of this thread. Would you like to now recant your theory of how the SLR will not obliterate an Sl65, or a Renntech Sl65?

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194558

Id say that even with the traction control on, the SLR's 8mph advantage over a stock SL65 on the same day, same track is a massacre, and not to mention 4mph over a modified Renntech Sl65 that has run in the 10's.

I agree I dont think a modded sl65 will beat an slr on the top end. The trap speed is a good idea of who would win in a roll on race. 127 bone stock is damn good. I think at your elevation I would pick up 2-3mph whihc would put me at 123-124mph and if I recall roger (RT s65) has one of the higher traps with 128-129 in CA. The two cars I have lost to on the street were both strong top end cars. I held them off to 100 or so but just ran out of steam. When stock the evo 996tt 600 beat me and now tuned I can get a car on him but by 120-130 he is pulling ever so slow. If I dont get a great launch or hit it just right and he gets the lead he gets baout a car on me that I cant gain back. The 500whp Plastic mess-06 just pulls very hard on the top with me and I cant catch it. He just went from 500whp to 542whp and he traps 125 here witha DA of 8000+ and I my highest trap here is 120.7. I think your slr would trap 123-125 here, and in a roll on race is about 1-1 1/2 cars on me at the 120 mark.

I agree I dont think a modded sl65 will beat an slr on the top end. The trap speed is a good idea of who would win in a roll on race. 127 bone stock is damn good. I think at your elevation I would pick up 2-3mph whihc would put me at 123-124mph and if I recall roger (RT s65) has one of the higher traps with 128-129 in CA. The two cars I have lost to on the street were both strong top end cars. I held them off to 100 or so but just ran out of steam. When stock the evo 996tt 600 beat me and now tuned I can get a car on him but by 120-130 he is pulling ever so slow. If I dont get a great launch or hit it just right and he gets the lead he gets baout a car on me that I cant gain back. The 500whp Plastic mess-06 just pulls very hard on the top with me and I cant catch it. He just went from 500whp to 542whp and he traps 125 here witha DA of 8000+ and I my highest trap here is 120.7. I think your slr would trap 123-125 here, and in a roll on race is about 1-1 1/2 cars on me at the 120 mark.

Good points, but couple things you forget. As for your car, I think it would run right with the other 2 AMG SL's I know of here, the SL65 and Joes Former Sl600. I believe the Sl65's best time is in the high 10's at 124.X and Joes car ran [email protected], both on tires other than street tires.

As for the SLR you have to remember that first and foremost, Im running the SLR with traction control on, which is hurting mph, hence the reason Ive raced cars that trap higher than I do from a roll, and beaten them. Also, the MPH's on the SLR when MPH is stated at 127, for example Luis's run was a 127.9, another run 127.983, another run was 127.922, and my highest was 128.871. Thats 128-129 consistent in the 1/4, not 127. . If you try and run an Sl65 with the traction control on, it will also trap lower.

As for the Plastic mess-06, that I dont know, but here as I said the Plastic mess-06 at the track, same day with atleast exhaust ran the best I saw of 12.4@117. The only tuned Plastic mess-06 I have for reference is the one that made 530rwhp at the Nellis Airforce shootout. Unfortunately he didnt run 1/2 mile, but in the mile, I still had a few mph on him (3-4mph) in the mile, and again I was running with traction control on.

As for what my car will do at your D/A , boy who knows. Thats a tough one to speculate on. Regardles what the car does, I just wanted to illustrate that the stock and modified Sl65 guys are off their rocker if they think that a stock or even modded SL65 will beat a SLR. Juice it was quick to point out to me what happened in that thread, so Im thankfull that atleast I had the opportunity to prove so far that i was right in the Sl65 vs SLR arguement. I will somehow prove the Gallardo SE vs SL65 arguement too. :icon_thumleft:

I do run with my traction control on when I trap 120.7 and have run with no esp at 120. Ever since the tune the track is just to slick w/o the esp and i have to let off. Maybe if I could keep my foot down it would trap 122 but who knows. I think it is like the stock 997tt and evo 997tt even though the 1/4 times are close we all know the evo 997tt will kill the stock car from a roll on race. As for the 65 vs se race that I dont think will happen. At least not with my modded car. Stock I ran 12.3 here at 118 and tuned I run 12.008@120's and you trapped like 116 in AZ. Maybe I am wrong but I just dont see it. Lets find an SE and find out I guess? Keep me posted on the slr allan that car is a beast and lets face it for 450k vs the 190k of the 65 it is another level of car and should be.

I do run with my traction control on when I trap 120.7 and have run with no esp at 120. Ever since the tune the track is just to slick w/o the esp and i have to let off. Maybe if I could keep my foot down it would trap 122 but who knows. I think it is like the stock 997tt and evo 997tt even though the 1/4 times are close we all know the evo 997tt will kill the stock car from a roll on race. As for the 65 vs se race that I dont think will happen. At least not with my modded car. Stock I ran 12.3 here at 118 and tuned I run 12.008@120's and you trapped like 116 in AZ. Maybe I am wrong but I just dont see it. Lets find an SE and find out I guess? Keep me posted on the slr allan that car is a beast and lets face it for 450k vs the 190k of the 65 it is another level of car and should be.

Oh no, your Sl65 modded will walk the Gallardo. I raced the Sl600 Renntech, and at 160mph he was a good 4-5cars out on the on Gallardo.

As for your SL, I forgot you are on street tires. Here what they do is on drag tires, they are able to launch ESP off, and on boost. With street tires there is no way.

The SL times you posted were faster than yours in the 1/4 and I agree the SLR will pull after that, Top end its anyones guess but I do agree the SLR will pull on a high speed roll. The fastest times I ever had in the SL were with ESP on and here it ran a consistent 123 either way. What I would like to see is what affect elevation has on the TT and the supercharged benzes because your times seem close to the best east coast times but the stock SL's in Az seem to be 3 or 4 mph and a couple ticks off east coast times.

And the SL will do the same to the G as the SLR will do to the LP! :icon_mrgreen:

The SL times you posted were faster than yours in the 1/4 and I agree the SLR will pull after that, Top end its anyones guess but I do agree the SLR will pull on a high speed roll. The fastest times I ever had in the SL were with ESP on and here it ran a consistent 123 either way. What I would like to see is what affect elevation has on the TT and the supercharged benzes because your times seem close to the best east coast times but the stock SL's in Az seem to be 3 or 4 mph and a couple ticks off east coast times.

And the SL will do the same to the G as the SLR will do to the LP! :icon_mrgreen:

Omg, you keep talking out your ass. The Sl only posted a faster 1/4 mile time only because it is on Drag Tires, Im on street tires. The driver of the SL himself said on the same tires, my car will go in the 10's STOCK. The name of the game is MPH, no high speed roll on, just take away the launch, so a 20mph roll on, and the SLR will leave the stock SL65 FOR DEAD, and pull away from the Renntech SL65 pretty easily.

As for the Gallardo and Sl65, you keep dreaming.

Drag radials will give you a couple tenths but not .7. Things must be boring to bring up all of this old crap. All I said and continue to say is that in the 1/4 the SLR is going nowhere on the SL65 and as the trap speed indicates at that point it is pulling away. Whats funny though is all the tests with the G the numbers have more of a spread between the SL and the G than the SLR and the SL yet you continue to ignore that. And now that you own a car that launches exactly like the SL65 and see that the G and the Murci are crap shoots at best with a launch you are talking out of your ass! Why wouldn't your same logic apply here? The SL traps 122-123(I know in AZ it traps 119 :icon_rolleyes: ) and the G is anywhere from 113 to 117. By your logic with the SLR that means the SL will ASSRAPE the G right after the 1/4. ANyway, this topic is old and the SL is long gone. I do wonder though why benz didn't use the top dog V12 biturbo in the SLR and went with the V8. Must have been a cost issue! :icon_butt:

Yeah I run on stock tires with normal (36psi) air pressure. When the weather is hot and the DA is high I will brake boost at 1200rpms and launch but now that it is cold out that does nothing but makes the esp kick in and kill the power. I have run in dyno mode a few times when stock and it gave me a bit more mph but after the tune the car will just get sideways in dyno mode. As for juice it, I think the v12tt is too heavy and would have made the slr very nose heavy. I also thin the instant lbft of the 55 motor is better for track use. On the 65 even with all that extra lbft it goes from no lbft to lots of lbft and seems like it would be very hard to get around track. Just a guess though I may be wrong.

Yeah I run on stock tires with normal (36psi) air pressure. When the weather is hot and the DA is high I will brake boost at 1200rpms and launch but now that it is cold out that does nothing but makes the esp kick in and kill the power. I have run in dyno mode a few times when stock and it gave me a bit more mph but after the tune the car will just get sideways in dyno mode. As for juice it, I think the v12tt is too heavy and would have made the slr very nose heavy. I also thin the instant lbft of the 55 motor is better for track use. On the 65 even with all that extra lbft it goes from no lbft to lots of lbft and seems like it would be very hard to get around track. Just a guess though I may be wrong.

I wonder what the difference in weight between the engines really is. That may be the reason but I don't think they really targeted the SLR for track hounds anyway. Its just strange they didn't use the V12. If any of the rumors are correct Mercedes will have some cool stuff coming out. As long as they work more on the styling they should have some awesome engines.

Drag radials will give you a couple tenths but not .7. Things must be boring to bring up all of this old crap. All I said and continue to say is that in the 1/4 the SLR is going nowhere on the SL65 and as the trap speed indicates at that point it is pulling away. Whats funny though is all the tests with the G the numbers have more of a spread between the SL and the G than the SLR and the SL yet you continue to ignore that. And now that you own a car that launches exactly like the SL65 and see that the G and the Murci are crap shoots at best with a launch you are talking out of your ass! Why wouldn't your same logic apply here? The SL traps 122-123(I know in AZ it traps 119 :icon_rolleyes: ) and the G is anywhere from 113 to 117. By your logic with the SLR that means the SL will ASSRAPE the G right after the 1/4. ANyway, this topic is old and the SL is long gone. I do wonder though why benz didn't use the top dog V12 biturbo in the SLR and went with the V8. Must have been a cost issue! :icon_butt:

You are an idiot if you think that stock for stock an SL65 is staying anywhere near the SLR. Last year, same time I was running my Gallardo, same guy, same Sl65 was running 12.40-12,50's @118 in his Sl65 on stock street tires. Same car that turned 11.40 the otherday on drag tires. SECC Joe got a 1.59 short time in his SL600 on drag tires. On street tires, you will never come remotely close.

And to further prove how stupid you are when it comes to this, you continue to think that mph comes on in the end, at the 1/4 mile mark. No it doesnt, in the 1/8 mile , Ive already got 6 mph on him. You continue with your comments, how SL can do this and that, and yet I give you exact links and times, from guys who have HUGE drag racing experience, and have also run faster than anyone else and you continue to talk crap. Fact remains, 8mph in the 1/4 is an OBLITERATION.

I can see how you cannot launch in boost on street tires. Here on drag tires though, they are launching ESP off, in boost to get the kind of times I quoted.

You are an idiot if you think that stock for stock an SL65 is staying anywhere near the SLR. Last year, same time I was running my Gallardo, same guy, same Sl65 was running 12.40-12,50's @118 in his Sl65 on stock street tires. Same car that turned 11.40 the otherday on drag tires. SECC Joe got a 1.59 short time in his SL600 on drag tires. On street tires, you will never come remotely close.

And to further prove how stupid you are when it comes to this, you continue to think that mph comes on in the end, at the 1/4 mile mark. No it doesnt, in the 1/8 mile , Ive already got 6 mph on him. You continue with your comments, how SL can do this and that, and yet I give you exact links and times, from guys who have HUGE drag racing experience, and have also run faster than anyone else and you continue to talk crap. Fact remains, 8mph in the 1/4 is an OBLITERATION.

Hey dumbass, on the east coast or anywhere else the STOCK Sl65 runs 11.7 122-123 ALL DAY. The MPH doesn't mean shit in the 1/4 it just is an indication of whats happening past the 1/4. If the SL runs 11.7 and I will even give you a few tenths for DA and put the SLR at 11.4 that is not a huge ass kicking in the 1/4. The Renntech SL65's on DR on the east coast run low 11's. Why are you so concerned that your car is faster than anything else The SL has about the same HP, more tq., the same launch capabilities and suffers from the extra weight. It is what it is.

Hey dumbass, on the east coast or anywhere else the STOCK Sl65 runs 11.7 122-123 ALL DAY. The MPH doesn't mean shit in the 1/4 it just is an indication of whats happening past the 1/4. If the SL runs 11.7 and I will even give you a few tenths for DA and put the SLR at 11.4 that is not a huge ass kicking in the 1/4. The Renntech SL65's on DR on the east coast run low 11's. Why are you so concerned that your car is faster than anything else The SL has about the same HP, more tq., the same launch capabilities and suffers from the extra weight. It is what it is.
If a stock SL runs 11.7 @122-123 on the east Coast, I will run 11.00 at over 130 on the east coast, and therefore yet again, a HUGE ass kicking. Pretty easy for you to spout off at the mouth, because as we both know, you havent done shit YOURSELF.

If a stock SL runs 11.7 @122-123 on the east Coast, I will run 11.00 at over 130 on the east coast, and therefore yet again, a HUGE ass kicking. Pretty easy for you to spout off at the mouth, because as we both know, you havent done shit YOURSELF.

Of coarse you would because anything you have is the best of its kind! :eusa_think: As far as doing shit myself what the hell are you talking about? WHen I had the SL I took it to the track a couple times and my first run ever was an [email protected] and then I let my buddy run it who never drove it before and he ran an 11.8. Now I don't have a car that is worth taking to the track so whats your point? Your continuous rants that this guy said my car would do 10's and this guy said I could beat a Veyron mean squat. You have a fast car, its not the only fast car out there.

Of coarse you would because anything you have is the best of its kind! :eusa_think: As far as doing shit myself what the hell are you talking about? WHen I had the SL I took it to the track a couple times and my first run ever was an [email protected] and then I let my buddy run it who never drove it before and he ran an 11.8. Now I don't have a car that is worth taking to the track so whats your point? Your continuous rants that this guy said my car would do 10's and this guy said I could beat a Veyron mean squat. You have a fast car, its not the only fast car out there.

Exactly. I do whatver I can do to PROVE what I say is true, while you argue about things you SAY you did, but Id like to see the proof. You say 2 guys who have never driven an SL65 before just hopped in and Boom clicked off right in line with times that are SUBSTANTIALLY better than times, then someone for example like Saad SaaD, who not only drag races his 1400hp Supra at all the events, races his Viper TT , and also his SL65. But yet, you just hopped in and destoryed his time by a long shot. Oh wait, what about Shank. You blew away his time in his MODIFIED Kleeman S65, which didnt have to deal with the poor D/A levels of AZ. He too doesnt spend anytime any of his several substantially higher powered cars at the track. You were born with natural John Force powers.

So lets put it this way, find out what the elevation at the track you ran was, the approx temps, and we will adjust them to the times here. Because if you adjust your times from SEA level to the D/A level here , they equate to pretty much exactly what guys here are posting, and if you adjust my time to sea level it equates to an 11.17@134.

what did you get in the 1/8th in the slr and gallardo allan? My best in the 65 was 101mph but I feel the 65's tend to fall flat on top end. I have talked to kleemann about this issue and hey agree. We feel due to the small turbos they just run out of steam. It makes sense since I have very little lag and hit peak torque by 4000rpms then just go down hill from there. If you look at a dyno for the 55 vs 65 they are differnt plots. Even the Plastic mess-06, m3, gallardo seem to just keep climbing and climbing while the 65 jumps then falls. Its a give take no car can do it all. I have raced a few cars that I will beat in the 1/4 but in a roll on race they beat me. I agree with you allan that an 8mph difference in the 1/4 is huge. The Plastic mess-06 I talk about has 5mph abd it is a BIG gap in a roll on race between us. You should get some wider light weight wheels for that thing. Like some dymags or neez wheels even if you only save 2-3lbs wheel I am sure you will feel the difference.

what did you get in the 1/8th in the slr and gallardo allan? My best in the 65 was 101mph but I feel the 65's tend to fall flat on top end. I have talked to kleemann about this issue and hey agree. We feel due to the small turbos they just run out of steam. It makes sense since I have very little lag and hit peak torque by 4000rpms then just go down hill from there. If you look at a dyno for the 55 vs 65 they are differnt plots. Even the Plastic mess-06, m3, gallardo seem to just keep climbing and climbing while the 65 jumps then falls. Its a give take no car can do it all. I have raced a few cars that I will beat in the 1/4 but in a roll on race they beat me. I agree with you allan that an 8mph difference in the 1/4 is huge. The Plastic mess-06 I talk about has 5mph abd it is a BIG gap in a roll on race between us. You should get some wider light weight wheels for that thing. Like some dymags or neez wheels even if you only save 2-3lbs wheel I am sure you will feel the difference.

On my 12.45 run in the Gallardo it was doing just over 90mph in the 1/8, the SLR is hitting 98mph in the 1/8. If you think about the D/A thing with Juiceit, it makes sense. Here Sl65 runs 12.4@118 , there he says he ran 11.7@ under 123. Thats a difference of 7/10's and 5mph. Here I ran [email protected], corrected thats an 11.17@134, almost the exact same difference.

My new wheels are 20 inch wheels, but will be slightly wider, 305's vs 295's.

Exactly. I do whatver I can do to PROVE what I say is true, while you argue about things you SAY you did, but Id like to see the proof. You say 2 guys who have never driven an SL65 before just hopped in and Boom clicked off right in line with times that are SUBSTANTIALLY better than times, then someone for example like Saad SaaD, who not only drag races his 1400hp Supra at all the events, races his Viper TT , and also his SL65. But yet, you just hopped in and destoryed his time by a long shot. Oh wait, what about Shank. You blew away his time in his MODIFIED Kleeman S65, which didnt have to deal with the poor D/A levels of AZ. He too doesnt spend anytime any of his several substantially higher powered cars at the track. You were born with natural John Force powers.

So lets put it this way, find out what the elevation at the track you ran was, the approx temps, and we will adjust them to the times here. Because if you adjust your times from SEA level to the D/A level here , they equate to pretty much exactly what guys here are posting, and if you adjust my time to sea level it equates to an 11.17@134.

I don't know what to tell you, that is exactly what happened. The car is that easy to drive. We both did the exact same thing. ESP on, no burnout light turns green and nail it. I tried many different ways and that was the best times. I have since moved but I found 2 slips from that day. They are as follows:

R/T 1.015 1.2

60 ft 1.8 1.9

330 5.0 5.1

1/4 11.75 11.8

mph 122.07 121.79

Those were the first two runs either of us ever did. I am not a big drag racer, I only went a few times but from what I know the Renntech 600's at this same track (capitol raceway) would run a pretty consistent 11.5 and I never saw a rennteched 65 here but that would make it low 11's. I have no idea what effect the DA has but obviously it is something. The thing about just using a basic correction is flawed because I am sure TTcars are affected differently than NA and supercharged and some of the cars seem to run the same times regardless of altitude.

I don't know what to tell you, that is exactly what happened. The car is that easy to drive. We both did the exact same thing. ESP on, no burnout light turns green and nail it. I tried many different ways and that was the best times. I have since moved but I found 2 slips from that day. They are as follows:

R/T 1.015 1.2

60 ft 1.8 1.9

330 5.0 5.1

1/4 11.75 11.8

mph 122.07 121.79

Those were the first two runs either of us ever did. I am not a big drag racer, I only went a few times but from what I know the Renntech 600's at this same track (capitol raceway) would run a pretty consistent 11.5 and I never saw a rennteched 65 here but that would make it low 11's. I have no idea what effect the DA has but obviously it is something. The thing about just using a basic correction is flawed because I am sure TTcars are affected differently than NA and supercharged and some of the cars seem to run the same times regardless of altitude.

Thats awesome. You managed to get 2 of the best possible 60ft times on street tires on your first 2 runs. I wanna run at your track, Im gonna go 9.90's :icon_thumleft:

Thats awesome. You managed to get 2 of the best possible 60ft times on street tires on your first 2 runs. I wanna run at your track, Im gonna go 9.90's :icon_thumleft:

I don't know about that. From the list you sent below mine and my buddies 60ft times are almost the slowest ones of the benzes. What are the best east coast times for an SLR you have?

I don't know about that. From the list you sent below mine and my buddies 60ft times are almost the slowest ones of the benzes. What are the best east coast times for an SLR you have?
I have no other SLR times other than my own, and 1 run I saw in South Florida that was a [email protected].

Anyways, judging by your track conditions and temps, you would shit yourself as to how much slower you would run here.

I have no other SLR times other than my own, and 1 run I saw in South Florida that was a [email protected].

Anyways, judging by your track conditions and temps, you would shit yourself as to how much slower you would run here.

From the SL65 times and the Ford GT times you have out there it seems like it takes a hard toll on the Turbo cars. What is strange though is that the fastest renntech 65 times in the country are from some guy named Lou in Arizona. Then there is also your buddy Joe that runs as fast in Arizona as the Renntech 600 guys here so some of it doesn't ad up. As far as the G though, you need to compare that with the 55 because the 65 will give it a beatdown in any state! :thefinger: