18 inch Sl600 wheels

Allan-Herbie

17's should still fit, I know ccw and bogart both make 16's for the 65 rears. I dont think the slr's rear brakes are any bigger then the 65's. I know on 18's we ran 275/40/18 bfg drags with 17's you will have more sidewall which should help.

I'm not @ work, but google is saying 45 front 44 rear. You have like an 11.5" rear wheel, why go to an 18x9 off another benz, which may not clear the brakes?

Hoosier has some "competition" r-compound tires in 295/30/19 that would mount to your stock wheels and would probably mimick a DR pretty well. Why go to a smaller contact patch with the new found power?

I'm not @ work, but google is saying 45 front 44 rear. You have like an 11.5" rear wheel, why go to an 18x9 off another benz, which may not clear the brakes?

Hoosier has some "competition" r-compound tires in 295/30/19 that would mount to your stock wheels and would probably mimick a DR pretty well. Why go to a smaller contact patch with the new found power?

Because SECC Joe here has a set of slicks from his old SL600. If we could mount those, Im going TT G hunting. :icon_mrgreen:

Jtrump can you clear something up for me, I thought the sl65 came with 19x9.5 in the rear but I here the 030 pkg sl55's etc came with 19x10's in the rear. Do you know if amg offers a 19x10.5 or 19x11 wheel for the sl65 or even just the barrel so I can use the stock centers? Thanks

Because SECC Joe here has a set of slicks from his old SL600. If we could mount those, Im going TT G hunting. :icon_mrgreen:

The brakes is what I'm thinking may be the issue, not the offset. All I can say is give it a try.

Jtrump can you clear something up for me, I thought the sl65 came with 19x9.5 in the rear but I here the 030 pkg sl55's etc came with 19x10's in the rear. Do you know if amg offers a 19x10.5 or 19x11 wheel for the sl65 or even just the barrel so I can use the stock centers? Thanks

-yeah sl65 is 19x9.5

-Biggest wheel I see for any model(besides the SLR) is a 19x10 with a 230 part number. I'd assume that may be for an 030 car, it didn't say, and none are available.

I'm thinking your gonna need some CCW/Kenisis/Iforged, that are custom to be able to go to a lightweight 19x11 in the proper offset and clearance.

-yeah sl65 is 19x9.5

-Biggest wheel I see for any model(besides the SLR) is a 19x10 with a 230 part number. I'd assume that may be for an 030 car, it didn't say, and none are available.

I'm thinking your gonna need some CCW/Kenisis/Iforged, that are custom to be able to go to a lightweight 19x11 in the proper offset and clearance.

I dont understand how amg gave the flagship amg 9.5in rears and the cls and sl 55's could opt for the 10inch wide rear? Do you know who makes the wheels for amg? I still want a set off the 722 but not at 6k a wheel.

Are you kidding enkei makes the forged 722 wheels and the dealer wants ,e to pay 6-7k a wheel? That is what I call mark up.
i have no confirmation but i did some digging when i saw the 722 wheels, i figured it had to be a japanese wheel by its design, then i stumbled upon this on McLarens site: http://www.mclaren.com/partners/enkei.php

plus the wheels look to similar to these not to be enkeis but what do I know just speculation ;)

RPF1(17).jpg

I have a set of stock SL55 AMG Wheels with drag radials on them if anyone wants them.. Giving away for FREE! I ran them on my Sl55 onl 1 time. I got them from Louie when he ran them on his Renntech SL65 for a few track days.... Have not looked how much tread is left, but should be good for a few track days IMO.

Wil fit SL55 / SL65 / CLS55 / CLS 63 and ect....

** Edit - Local Az pick up only.... Will not ship

damn it if this changes let me know PLEASE.

Allan is actually on his way over now to pick them up. I knew someone was going to get a good deal. I bought them used from Luie for $500 and only used them 1 day, maybe 2 times down the strip.... Maybe Allan will give them to you if he ever buys another set.