You're opinion concerning this Jarama?

urraco75

Hi, i receive a call from a friend who as a Jarama. He just finished the restoration 6 month ago. Last week, he was driving nomally and then suddenly he lost control in a corner and went into a SUV...

He was so disapointed that he think to sale the Jarama. He propose me to buy it and to take time to repair it . I have place to stock it, but it depends to the price...

All the front left is crashed, look at the pictures... My question is concerning the cost to repair it? Can i find a bonnet, and all the body part? or should i have to find a good professional to do the job?

Jarama_Avant.jpg

Jarama_Choc_1.jpg Jarama_Choc_2.jpg Jarama_Choc_3.jpg

Jarama_Choc_4.jpg Jarama_Choc_5.jpg Jarama_Choc_6.jpg

Which price is correct for this Jarama if i decide to buy it?

Thanks for your help!

A qualified professonal, is going to charge a lot of money, to fix that accident. Parts will be very difficult to find. A body fabricator, can fix anything. I cannot guess, how much it will cost to fix the car. It may help to talk with a few long time Jarama owners in Europe, who may know the location of a good parts car.

If you want to continue to look into purchasing this car, a professional body repairman must present to you, a detailed written estimate. Simply deduct the cost of the repairs, to the value you feel the car will be worth, upon the completion of the bodywork.

Price ? Jarama prices are all over the place. Two years ago, serviced cars struggled to sale at just under 20K USD. Today, I have seen "asking" prices of 45K euros, for a non-show car :lol2: . I do not think the hi Jarama asking prices are justified, when a few more steps, will bring a decent Islero. If the Jarama is priced at 45K euros (asking price), than I believe the Islero should be priced at 125K euros. That being said, I do like the Jarama, and have asked both Chad and Fred, if they knew of any decent cars available for sale.

i know where some of these parts are available (i am talking ablut almost all body panles from a jarama)

problem is they are in Italy and would be TOO expensive and difficult to ship them, sorry

i know where some of these parts are available (i am talking ablut almost all body panles from a jarama)

problem is they are in Italy and would be TOO expensive and difficult to ship them, sorry

Those parts are not going to just bolt-on.

Those parts are not going to just bolt-on.

yes, you need worcks done on the car in anycase

from a economic perpesctive, that car would only be interesting if you could do the work yourself and if you found a good donor car...

It will depend on what the car will cost, to buy it as-is. It will also depend on what the market values will be, after the work has been completed. The collector car market prices may contract, and the Jarama will be priced at 20K USD again.

Shipping from Italy to France is not so expensive, at least i can come to take the parts directly! that's not a problem for me ;)

I'm interest if you can tell me more about it!! which parts are available and the prices!

Wow, what a shame. While the enthusiast in me wants to see the car saved, at current values, the smart money is to part it out. If you pay more than $10k for it as-is, you will have more money in the car after the repair than the car is worth. If you buy it and sit on it while hunting for replacement panels and other parts, some day it might be worth restoring.