My differential again

Skogens Baron

Here we go again, another question about my differential on the Urraco P250.

My mechanic is working on my car as we speak. Anybody know about the torque settings?

Any knowledge about the differential side gear torque setting is appreciated.

It seems like a special torque is needed when tightening inside the differential where the drifshafts meets the diff..

Anyone know anything about this? Any info would really help..

Best regards

Daniel

If you are speaking of the crown and carrier bolts, they are 3.5kgm for the 2.5ltrcars and 7kgm gor the 3.0ltr cars.

Output shaft nut is 14kgm.

Does this help?

Mike

If you are speaking of the crown and carrier bolts, they are 3.5kgm for the 2.5ltrcars and 7kgm gor the 3.0ltr cars.

Output shaft nut is 14kgm.

Does this help?

Mike

Hello Mike. I'm not sure what it's called but my mechanic talked about the differential side gear torque setting..

I understood that it was a bolt that should be tightened right here as my picture show..

He told me that this would function as a limited slip differential? That the diff is not equipped with a regular limited slip diff, but this would work as the same..

any help i would be gratefull..

Best Regards

Daniel

18102007039_paint.jpg

18102007035_paint.jpg

Oh that bolt! Thats 3.5kgm. I have all the info thats available for these cars. There are factory service manuals avialable.

Oh that bolt! Thats 3.5kgm. I have all the info thats available for these cars. There are factory service manuals avialable.

Are you sure??? Thats great if you have the correct info!! Do you know where i could ind a factory service manual? Is it awailable in english??

best regards

Daniel