MotoGP

capt_chaos

So from the sounds of it - is it worth it to go to MotoGP @ Indy? I'm more the F1 fan...

Do it! F1 cars go around corners a lot quicker but then they do not change positions four times in a corner like 125 and 250 do.

F1 at Catalunya is boring compared to the bike MotoGP today. Absolutely jaw dropping supreme entertainment.

:icon_thumleft: :icon_super: :eusa_dance:

Oh and 125 = comedy today.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen the 125 and 250 race, I will later today though, but the excitement in MotoGP is simply unmatched in any form of Motorsport on the planet. What a race, astonishing, I'm at a loss for words. Nothing beats this.

I don't want to give anything away to people who haven't seen it, so no recap, but just to say that today I saw the race on the BBC, and their coverage is horrid. The commentators are terrible, God I miss Moody and Ryder.

fcuking Dorna.

Unreal race today. Hopefully the rest of the races will be as good.

:iamwithstupid: I would have preferred Stoner to have made it a closer race, but those last 2 laps between Rossi and Lorenzo were epic. Much better than F1. Even the wife was getting into it, and she's not into motorsports at all.

:iamwithstupid: I would have preferred Stoner to have made it a closer race, but those last 2 laps between Rossi and Lorenzo were epic. Much better than F1. Even the wife was getting into it, and she's not into motorsports at all.

Me too - if it was a three way race between the top three in points, and the top three on the front row of the race, it would have been one for the books.

But did you see how utterly EXHAUSTED Stoner was after the race???? He did NOT look good. He had said he was cramping up and feeling sick over the weekend, and he looked like hell. Amazing that he even finished on the box.

Me too - if it was a three way race between the top three in points, and the top three on the front row of the race, it would have been one for the books.

But did you see how utterly EXHAUSTED Stoner was after the race???? He did NOT look good. He had said he was cramping up and feeling sick over the weekend, and he looked like hell. Amazing that he even finished on the box.

Yeah that was incredible, he just bowed his head and kept it down for like 5 minutes while Rossi and Lorenzo gave interviews. He came down with some flu like symptoms and felt bad the whole race, I'm amazed he finished as well as he did and managed to stick with the Yamaha's as long as he did in the beginning of the race. My hat's off to Pedrose again, that kid is unbelievable to finish so high up with all of his broken bones.

No, I missed the interview. I DVRed it and once the race was over, just deleted it. :eusa_wall:

Wow, these guys are racing all out with broken bones and the flu. Makes me feel like a real puss when I call in to my cushy desk job with a cold. :icon_mrgreen:

No, I missed the interview. I DVRed it and once the race was over, just deleted it. :eusa_wall:

Wow, these guys are racing all out with broken bones and the flu. Makes me feel like a real puss when I call in to my cushy desk job with a cold. :icon_mrgreen:

Don't worry, all of us mortals are like that. But I've never seen anyone look as exhausted, beaten, and broken as Stoner did after that race. I really hope he wins it this year, GO STONER.

:icon_thumleft:

• 2 weeks later...

today Rossi is still king

Lorenzo is the next big thing in motogp imo, he can get even better in 1 or 2 years, he has talent, is VERY self consident and has a strong mind

Rossi is likely the best rider ever with the great Mike the bike and Jarno

Dutch GP

Stoner still looks ill.

But not a classic but great celebration.

true: Stoner looks not good at all

he needs to have some rest and take care

i hope he will get well soon

Agreed, if Lorenzo could be more consistent, then Rossi and Stoner would really have something to worry about. When he does ride well, it's amazing. I'm also always rooting for the Tornado, but he always seems to only manage 5th or 6th. Also, if they ever make a MotoGP movie, Shia LeBeouf looks a lot like Lorenzo and could play him in the film!

WTF? They raced on Saturday? I missed another one. :eusa_wall:

Dutch race is always on a sat.

No excuse next round

3rd - 5th MotoGP rd 8, Laguna Seca, United States.

If it is anything like last year when Rossi made Stoner his little bitch (and Stoner whinged like a schoolgirl afterwards) then it should be amazing

Lost a lot of respect for Stoner bitching like this

this has been great

but the last gp pass on Lorenzo was one of the best i have seen ... SPECTACULAR

Damn, Ducati is losing the development battle. They keep falling further and further behind the Yamaha's. Very impressive win by Rossi again, Lorenzo got well and truly beaten.

I can't wait for Laguna.

Good race for the first half, then it was a bore. I don't like Stoner, but give him alot of credit for riding well in the condition he is in. And yes, Ducati does seem to be slipping. They were ALWAYS the fastest bike down the straight...Now they aren't. They were always 'the bike to beat', now they are not....Oh well..

Oh, and congrats to Rossi on his 100th!!!! That was a great banner they had.

I just checked the schedule and it looks like the Czech race may coincide with my next trip there. If so, I will definitely go. Brno is only 80 km from the town of Olomouc where I will be staying. :eusa_dance:

Holy crap. This season has been awesome! I wish Edwards had "earned" his position a bit more and I think he'd agree. I've always been a fan and you oughtta see pics of the rental car I had when my brother and I went to the first Laguna race in 11 years. Those passes Saturday were awesome. Don't get confused with Ducati being behind the 8 ball. Stoner threw up in his helmet during the race in Holland and could not even make it to the interviews Saturday. When he's on, we'll be able to see how Ducati is doing. Look how Hayden improved. (I'm still disappointed though at his results) I can't wait for Laguna. Rossi sure looks like Hayden on a superbike through the corkscrew now. MotoGP%202005%20326%20(Small).jpg

Just a friendly reminder, today the Laguna Seca race weekend gets underway with Free Practice, so no excuses for those who can't seem to catch a race, get into the MotoGP spirit early kids, and enjoy!

Just a friendly reminder, today the Laguna Seca race weekend gets underway with Free Practice, so no excuses for those who can't seem to catch a race, get into the MotoGP spirit early kids, and enjoy!

Yes. and for those in the States, the race is on Fox on Sunday (Not Speed).

Qualifying on now ladies.

Stoner is on it which means he must have shaken off the bug he clearly had the last two races. Hopefully his overall has not suffered too much as a result and he, Gorgeous George and Vale can get it on tomorrow.

Great ride from Pedrosa and Lorenso.

But it highlights what a poor circuit Laguna actually is. How many crashes over the weekend? Dust and bumps do not make for good racing.

Also all of the camera crew and editor need shooting as that was some of the worst coverage of the season.

Great ride from Pedrosa and Lorenso.

But it highlights what a poor circuit Laguna actually is. How many crashes over the weekend? Dust and bumps do not make for good racing.

Also all of the camera crew and editor need shooting as that was some of the worst coverage of the season.

I agree. Laguna is actually a REALLY nice track, but the way they setup the cameras made it look like the infields at Pocono.

Overall a good race. Props to Lorenzo and Stoner for having big highsides yesterday and bouncing back.