F430 Scud tested by Motor Trend

Allan-Herbie

I would have to say yes, it is possible. Is their test repeatable? Who knows. The car is lighter than 3000 pounds, based on the data that I have seen. Regardless, I think the Scuderia acheives a lot of its performance gains from a number of smaller factors that, when combined, end up making a noticeable difference in performance. Those factors would include: shift times, powertrain efficiency, fast throttle response, computerized traction control (E-Diff in Race mode is amazingly efficient), and launch-ability of the new gearbox. Each of those factors on their own is somewhat small, but all added together the difference becomes noticeable.

I think that this car really represents what the future of many exotics will be heading towards. And that is really maximizing each of the factors in the overall engineered package.

My TTG trapped at around 136mph with a 350 hp advantage. Both the LP560 and the scud trapped(car mag tests) around 126mph in the quarter. In the case of the LP560, the trap speed represents an 8-10mph improvement over a stock 08 G. With a 40hp power bump I would of expected a 3 or 4mph bump in trap speed. The scud's(and the LP560) quarter mile trap speeds don't compute.

The Nissan GTR is another case in point. Magazine spec GTRs were smoking fast, but customer spec cars are turning out to be a lot slower. I am wondering if the magazine "ringer" cars are pushing the bullshit envelope beyond the laws of physics.

So to rephrase the question, what is the minimum amount of engine horsepower required to get a 3000lb scud up to 127mph in a quarter mile(or 400M)?

My TTG trapped at around 136mph with a 350 hp advantage. Both the LP560 and the scud trapped(car mag tests) around 126mph in the quarter. In the case of the LP560, the trap speed represents an 8-10mph improvement over a stock 08 G. With a 40hp power bump I would of expected a 3 or 4mph bump in trap speed. The scud's(and the LP560) quarter mile trap speeds don't compute.

The Nissan GTR is another case in point. Magazine spec GTRs were smoking fast, but customer spec cars are turning out to be a lot slower. I am wondering if the magazine "ringer" cars are pushing the bullshit envelope beyond the laws of physics.

So to rephrase the question, what is the minimum amount of engine horsepower required to get a 3000lb scud up to 127mph in a quarter mile(or 400M)?

Only car I have personally been able to get to run as good as, or better than magazine times was my SLR. However, I will say that there seems to be a pretty good difference in power between some U.S and Euro cars. Having watched Azexoticlovers race Ajglobals Spider, inmo there would not have been much difference between my SE and the Superg.. I think the Superg would have beaten it, but no way is there an 8mph difference between the 2 like magazines have suggested in the 1/4.

somewhere in the neighborhood of 450rwhp would be my guess