Want more HP from your R8?

LotusMike

I know I would...

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=129967

German tuner, Wheels and More, can apparently offer this power kit which features a hand made stainless steel exhaust and an ECU tune supposedly adding up to a 37hp increase.

If true, that is an insane increase in such a small displacement V8 with such minor modifications and certainly worthwhile.

I know a lot of you think that these simple mods should up HP by 50+, but that's just not realistic.

Anyways, just another option for you guys... :icon_thumleft:

EDIT: This kit also adds 20" forged wheels which look OK.

Meh, save the warranty, keep the V8 as the beater, and get the V10 next year. That's my plan. No upgrades short of a supercharger will match the V10 or really be worth it.

True enough. This isn't going to launch you into supercar territory. But for those who just want a bit more oomph from their R8, and I'm sure there are many, this is just another option.

It's just an exhaust and ECU, so risk is minimal.

True enough. This isn't going to launch you into supercar territory. But for those who just want a bit more oomph from their R8, and I'm sure there are many, this is just another option.

It's just an exhaust and ECU, so risk is minimal.

I believe there is a sole ECU tune that will net the same amount of power.

http://www.dynocompnow.com/2008/06/just-re...flash-from.html

Hey Lotus Mike, I am clueless when it comes to tuning and well mechanics in general. So, you have any suggestions for tuning a SLK55 AMG? I dont want to go all crazy, but perhaps wll like to get to 400-425 bhp. As of now I have 360 horsies. Warranty will run out in 2 yrs and plan to keep it-

Hey Lotus Mike, I am clueless when it comes to tuning and well mechanics in general. So, you have any suggestions for tuning a SLK55 AMG? I dont want to go all crazy, but perhaps wll like to get to 400-425 bhp. As of now I have 360 horsies. Warranty will run out in 2 yrs and plan to keep it-

ask there http://mbworld.org/forums/index.php

You're in luck. You have a pretty large, high displacement V8 there. Lots of power on the table and tons of tuning companies that tune MBs to provide it to you. Simple bolt-ons and an ECU tune should get you some nice increase if you use a reputable company.

I haven't modded any of my Mercedes, but I think companies such as Kleemann, Renntech, etc. are very reputable. There's probably a bazillion others :) Best to ask on MBworld for that info.

Renntech and Kleemann are both great. Kleemann is the better of the two in service and price I feel. Both make ecu, exhaust, headers, airbox and superchargers for your car. With the kleemann blower you should see 400whp pretty easy.