Lamborghinis or ferraris Undertray

Autokultur

Hey guys, any Lamborghini, ferrari or ex-owners know about these cars undertray..?? I'm not sure if its called a undertray but i know its got to do with aerodynamics when the wind goes beneath it creates a downforce, I have a picture of a lamborghini Murcielago (Below) being lifted up and you can see the undertray.. Dose it look like this for the LP640 , Gallardo and F430..?? I also have a pic of a scale model of a Enzo ferrari's undertray and it look like a F1 car's undertray, i don't understand why don't the do it on the Murcielago..?? Btw if you have pictures of LP640 , Gallardo and F430 undertray pictures, mind posting them for me.

ferrarienzoyn4.jpg

ferrarienzoyn4.jpg

Thanks

Must admit when I saw the underside of mt LP640 for the first time I thought they didn't put much effort into the aerodynamics.

They probably did but the open center tunnel maker you wonder.

Russell

Must admit when I saw the underside of mt LP640 for the first time I thought they didn't put much effort into the aerodynamics.

Russell

Im guessing the open center is a major part of cooling the transmission and oil pan from loking under my 6.0 and seeing the fins down there for cooling. Also, on the 6.0 is looks as if the bumper is a part used for downforce, almost like a wing.

Russell

Hey, so have you seen the undertray of a f430 or gallardo..?? Is it like the enzo's undertray..

Here is a video by sportbilen at youtube about the carrera gt new exhaust, it also shows the flat undertray of that car.

Heres is the link:

Lp640 underbody..

Heres the link:

I don't know if you call it an undertray, but I don't think it's flat for aerodynamics.

On the Diablo or Murcie, I think it's flat because there is no other way to finish off the underside of a really low car.

I'm sure they took some aero considerations, but it's not like there are any fins or ducts to direct the air.

I'm still in aw on how they're lifting that Murcie. I'm sorry to be graphic, but that just makes my balls tighten up when I look at it.

Im guessing the open center is a major part of cooling the transmission and oil pan from loking under my 6.0 and seeing the fins down there for cooling. Also, on the 6.0 is looks as if the bumper is a part used for downforce, almost like a wing.

6.0's bumper is not much different than other diablo's, or is it?

6.0's bumper is not much different than other diablo's, or is it?

its not much different

if you look at the rear of the LP540 they have some small fins, but I doubt they do much

a smooth undertray is verry important to air flow, or more importantly to not disturbing the air flow with the underside being open for the air to move around in an creat turbulance and drag

• 10 months later...
Lambo needt to focus on underbody downforce, ala ferrari for the merci replacement!

Not to worry, the Murcie replacement will be a whole new breed, the chasis is already in the factory being worked on.

Not to worry, the Murcie replacement will be a whole new breed, the chasis is already in the factory being worked on.

that is fantastic news