what a waste!!

CF_Zonda_F

dsc0001hh2.jpg

Spotted: Screwed up Viper

Spotted around 5:30pm today on E.Hastings. Apparently he spun out trying to pass a car, lost control and hit a tree over the curb. I didn't see the driver but witness said he was fine.

I believe car is an 08 model judging by the newer style rims.

driver door and front wheel

dsc0003wt4.jpg

notice the glass of driver side window still in its place but door is missing

dsc0005md7.jpg

dsc0006mh1.jpg

so SAD!

One reason I am considering a Lambo. I have an 01 Viper and lost control of it making a typical left turn from a light and shifting into second gear and accelerating. The rear end just came around and I could not get it back under control easily. Sounds like what happened to him, downshifted and floored it, something you cant do in a Viper as you can in most typical cars. All wheel drive would have eliminated that from happening. IMHO having over 450-500 horsepower should almost require all wheel drive.

I agree, all these tools that don't know about throttle modulation should stick to cars with AWD and a bunch of electronic nannies to hold their hands. Leave the man cars for well, men.

I agree with Blackbull. I laugh at people that blame the car for there lack of knowledge and skill. Its easier than admiting to yourself you dont have the repertoire to drive a real drivers car etc. Most every Viper accident is driver caused. Monster tq just off idle means you respect the throttle when you are not fully pointed straight and in the wet. Cant drive this car like any other car that makes similar hp and tq but higher in the rev range. That low down tq is what makes this car a menace to noobs and makes them run with there tales between there legs for an AWD or electronic stability control equipped vehicle.

One reason I am considering a Lambo. I have an 01 Viper and lost control of it making a typical left turn from a light and shifting into second gear and accelerating. The rear end just came around and I could not get it back under control easily. Sounds like what happened to him, downshifted and floored it, something you cant do in a Viper as you can in most typical cars. All wheel drive would have eliminated that from happening. IMHO having over 450-500 horsepower should almost require all wheel drive.

Im sorry but your right to have lost it...That cornering technique is wrong in any car... :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

wow.