camera in right sideview miror?

lucaslaw

Anyone put a camera in it to help with the blind spot big enough to hide a semi?

LL

Naaa, keep it low tech, just do this:

One problem we all have driving Countach's and Diablo's is that visibility to the rear of the car is poor. The side mirrors on these cars are too small and provide only a limited field of view. To make matter worse, when other people on the road are driving alongside to view the car, they tend to hang back at 4 and 7 o'clock positions, exactly the blind spot for these mirrors! The solution: use a convex mirror. The problem is that Lamborghini does not provide these mirrors. At least not in the US.

The solution is simple. Go out and find a large convex mirror of the type used in pickup trucks and have a glass shop cut out a mirror from these mirrors exactly the shape and size of the one in your car. Then simply glue this mirror on to the surface of the current (flat) Lamborghini mirror. The resulting field of view as seen from the drivers seat is simply a night and day difference. No longer can drivers in the right lane sneak up on you.

From Lamboweb.com

Anyone put a camera in it to help with the blind spot big enough to hide a semi?

LL

I had this done on my diablo...the problem I found was the mirror depth wasnt enough for the camera to go to the outside edge and had to be more on the inside...it helped but I wouldnt do it again. I would use the convex mirror on round 2!

this is what I have

Previous owners of the Arnage put some on... I never use them.