ANOTHER G-FORCE FIRST!

g-force

I wouldnt think the TT Had much to do with it, more curious since it was a drivetrain issue and mine is a noise issue in the similar area, curious if there was a lot of similarities but it doesnt sound it.

I dont suppose the repair shop took photos of the teardown? That'd be VERY sweet if they did.

Ben

I know your answer won't be as relevant in light of what you have just said about the RWD/AWD situation, but, about how many miles did you have on the transmission when it broke?

I think there is greater potential for transmission failure due to overstress on the Spyders, since there is more mass to be accelerated. It is always in the back of my mind, but I'm still amazed at how much power the stock tranny can hold.

1100 RW seems to be the most they will take before failures will start to happen. You must upgrade parts in the transmission when going over that level.

1100 RW seems to be the most they will take before failures will start to happen. You must upgrade parts in the transmission when going over that level.

great! So at about 850rwhp on pump gas i should be fine!

For curiosity sake, UGR you mention that you' have to upgrade parts in the transmission. What would you actually need to upgrade, and is it all custom machine work of shelf componentry?

For curiosity sake, UGR you mention that you' have to upgrade parts in the transmission. What would you actually need to upgrade, and is it all custom machine work of shelf componentry?

Yes, all the parts are custom billet pieces that we have had CNC machined for our customer's cars.

Yes, all the parts are custom billet pieces that we have had CNC machined for our customer's cars.

If true that is impressive!

I wouldnt think the TT Had much to do with it, more curious since it was a drivetrain issue and mine is a noise issue in the similar area, curious if there was a lot of similarities but it doesnt sound it.

I dont suppose the repair shop took photos of the teardown? That'd be VERY sweet if they did.

Ben

I have a ton of photos..all in wrong format. I'll work on that monday.

Ok, but what are the parts you upgrade? Like, the torque converter? Some gear? A screw? What? :)

Ben

Ok, but what are the parts you upgrade? Like, the torque converter? Some gear? A screw? What? :)

Ben

There are certain gears, while adequate below 1100 RWHP are showing stress and failure "knocking off teeth" at higher power levels. Those gears were upgraded with CNC billet replacements.

Here are some of the pictures taken with the iPhone

93412d1238447987-gallardo-transmission-r

93413d1238448010-gallardo-transmission-r

93415d1238448028-gallardo-transmission-r

93416d1238448044-gallardo-transmission-r

93417d1238448061-gallardo-transmission-r

93418d1238448105-gallardo-transmission-r

93419d1238448123-gallardo-transmission-r

93420d1238448138-gallardo-transmission-r

93421d1238448159-gallardo-transmission-r

93422d1238448174-gallardo-transmission-r

93423d1238448229-gallardo-transmission-r

93424d1238448240-gallardo-transmission-r

93425d1238448248-gallardo-transmission-r

93426d1238448256-gallardo-transmission-r

93427d1238448264-gallardo-transmission-r

93428d1238448293-gallardo-transmission-r

93429d1238448301-gallardo-transmission-r

93430d1238448312-gallardo-transmission-r

93431d1238448322-gallardo-transmission-r

93432d1238448331-gallardo-transmission-r

Thanks agsain Sam for the precise exacting workmanship!!!!!

Guest skokos

Wayne,Are you driving the car around without the engine bonnet on?

• 2 months later...

the transfer case and the dif blew due to the incorrect tire ratio, if your off by over 6% in diameter its good night. I do give it to Autotalent, Zolti in particular as he installed new 62mm precision turbos and had to hack up the intercoolers and reconfigure the system to make it fit without calling Heff. the car is an absolute monster, did 100mph on the freeway in third stomped the gas and broke the car loose instantly. it is a night and day difference than before.

O gara gave the job over to Autotalent for reasons unknown, but here are some more pics of why you need to run the correct diameter tires. they also had to fix the 2 stage manifold was stuck and didnt open at high rpm which needed fixing, here are some pics.

Picture_020.jpg

Picture_019.jpg

Picture_016.jpg

Picture_011.jpg

DSC_069.JPG

DSC_043.JPG

DSC_025.JPG

DSC04793.JPG

DSC04792.JPG

DSC04791.JPG

DSC04768.JPG

the transfer case and the dif blew due to the incorrect tire ratio, if your off by over 6% in diameter its good night. I do give it to Autotalent, Zolti in particular as he installed new 62mm precision turbos and had to hack up the intercoolers and reconfigure the system to make it fit without calling Heff. the car is an absolute monster, did 100mph on the freeway in third stomped the gas and broke the car loose instantly. it is a night and day difference than before.

Are you talking about your car or Gforces?