cig lighter light stays on?

lucaslaw

I will check and see if mine does the same thing. If not, I would try and find a lead that only is hot with the lights on

to hook it up to............but I think that there is only one hot lead to the lighter, and the lighter works, even without the

ignition switch on, so the green surround light may indeed, always be on. Get a battery tender hooked up to your car.

The green surround around the lighter should only illuminate with all the dash lights when you turn on the headlights at night. Sounds light a simple short of some sort.

I'd spend about 5 minutes looking for it, then it's out with the wire cutters. Oh wait, would that throw a CEL....It probably would if it happen to Shamile. :lol2: Sorry buddy.

I'd spend about 5 minutes looking for it, then it's out with the wire cutters. Oh wait, would that throw a CEL....It probably would if it happen to Shamile. :lol2: Sorry buddy.

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Yeah......sad but true......it would happen to me.

I was thinking about your cig lite problem. I think you just have two wires misplaced. The cig get 12v and so does the light....but switched.

Try this, put a lighted probe or better, a multimeter on the cig contact in the base of the socket. Now, turn on the lights and see if the multimeter registers a 12V+

Both the light and cig contacts are male spades of the same size...easy to mis-wire.

Let us know !

I just happen to have my center console out for refinishing and repainting....so all the switches are out. I went over and looked at the cig spades before I posted.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

• 3 weeks later...
Dear Lamborghinisti,

Yeah......sad but true......it would happen to me.

I was thinking about your cig lite problem. I think you just have two wires misplaced. The cig get 12v and so does the light....but switched.

Try this, put a lighted probe or better, a multimeter on the cig contact in the base of the socket. Now, turn on the lights and see if the multimeter registers a 12V+

Both the light and cig contacts are male spades of the same size...easy to mis-wire.

Let us know !

I just happen to have my center console out for refinishing and repainting....so all the switches are out. I went over and looked at the cig spades before I posted.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

You know, I bet I did that when I put the big arse TV/stereo in the dash.