Lamborghini 1971-8

rogerphillips

Another Lamborghini book............

My son and daughter asked me asked me what I did when I was their age. I thought long and hard and came to the conclusion that they were, compared to me, angels.

How could I start to explain?

I thought I would get a book about Lamborghini and show them. Well the books I have seen are either 'Coffee Table' illustrated scrap books or intensely boring lists of chassis numbers and technical clap trap, sometimes both. So the idea of this book came about. Not just the cars but the personalities, financial struggles and of the politics of the time.

This books purpose is give some insight into the people who built and sold them.

During the seventies still in my twenties I was the importer of Lamborghini for the UK.

This allowed me access to a wide range of cars I always had a demonstrator for my personal use. Normally an Espada but also a Muria SV, Countach and Urraco. The part exchanges were normally interesting cars all of which I took the opportunity to drive. These included Various Ferraris - Daytona, 250 GTS Dino 246, Boxer, 308 - Maserati's, Merek, Ghibli, Mistral, Quattroporte, Bora - De Tomasso, Mangusta, Pantera - Aston Martin DBS, V8, Vantage - Ford GT40 - and even a Monteverdi 375.

I drove many miles on the continent, most cars were driven from the factory back to England so I was able select interesting routes, when time permitted.

This is the story or will [email protected]

Roger

You and Mel Nichols have a lot to answer for!!

The Lambos across Europe article and others like it started the dreams of young men like me to own one of these..

I look forward to the book..

Thanks

John

• 2 weeks later...