Gallardo airvent issue

First

I notice the top slotted air vent just below your main windshield always fog up the lower power of the windshield. Play around with the aircond vent settings and notice that even on blowing downwards setting, the top slotted air vent is never really shut. I just got my car though was wondering if this is correct? What do you have to do to totally shut off the top slotted air vents? (Not the circular air vents of course)

Please help out as the fogged up windshield is really killing me and drying me nuts. As stupid as it sounds, i really dont know what else to do loll.

I have the same issue on mine. I just picked up an 06 last month. I notice that on humid days, the windshield fogs up on the lower part. I have also set the fans manually to blow only toward the floor but it still continues to fog. The moisture is actually on the outside, I think caused due to the temperature difference. Have to use my wipers to remove the fog only for it to come back in a matter of seconds.

This has also bothered me cause I would have a streaky windshield even though it isnt raining.

Any info on this?

Turn off compressor (Econ button).

Try anti fog on the OUTSIDE of windscreen where it fogs up.

So with the Econ button the compressor is not running meaning its only on FANS? Thats going to be too hot for me since I live in Malaysia. Temperate country.

Mike what do you mean by using Antifog on the OUTSIDE of the windscreen? You mean just press the anti fog button? But wouldn't that turn off the a/c functions? And wouldn't that only blow from the top?

Its odd, if you choose to blow manually from the front circular vents or on your bottom legs, the top slotted vents shouldn't be blowing any air at all. Could anyone confirm this happens to all Gallardos? That the top slotted vents can never be shut off?

The anti fog he was talking baout is a solution just like RAIN-X. And yes it you turn on the econ button only the fans will run and it will be too hot or humid feeling inside the car for I have tried this. I am also looking for a solution or want to know if other Gallardos have this problem. I live in NYC and it gets quite humid here. Any one have any info on this?

BBToro, when your windshield fog up, its also on the outside? Immediately above the the air vents? Does your fog inside?

I wonder if there's a way to totally turn the top air vent off. This shouldn't be a malfunction. Could this be a malfunction that the air is looking towards the top vent even though you have manually set the air vents to blow downwards only?

My fogging is on the outside and it starts directly above the top air vents. I just want to know if this is normal or is there something wrong with the car?

Guess no ones really willing to chime in on this. Oh well.

There is probably a small amount that 'leaks' out through all the vents - Being most noticeable up top where it will fog up a little bit of the windshield on humid days. The blend-door is not 100% closed, I wouldn't consider it a problem, especially since other people experience the same thing.

If it annoys you, try anti-fog as I said earlier.

• 1 month later...

Anyone could suggest a good anti fog brand? I get lots of rain repellant products here like the Rain X but never seen any fog repellant lol. Could anyone chime in and give some ideas?

Anyone could suggest a good anti fog brand? I get lots of rain repellant products here like the Rain X but never seen any fog repellant lol. Could anyone chime in and give some ideas?

Do they play paintball in Malaysia? :) Seriously, paintball players use it on their goggles to keep them from fogging, and WalMart and other places have it. If you don't have paintballers or WalMarts I'd try an optometrist or store that sells glasses, as I bet they may have it too.

Both my Murci and Ferrari had this same problem, It may be a rear engine thing as on a front engine car you get some warm air over the screen from the engine.

Russell

Both my Murci and Ferrari had this same problem, It may be a rear engine thing as on a front engine car you get some warm air over the screen from the engine.

Russell

Yea I get this every so often as well...even on the MBZ. On very humid days of course. Something I never really worried about because the conditions are right only a few times a year...but if I were living in a humid area it would drive me nuts.

Try a dive shop or dive equipment web site for anti fog water resistant products. Divers use that stuff all the time to keep their masks clear.

You'll be able to see the fish better too!

Yes, you definitely have a leak in your aircon vents at the wind screen.

Don't think it has anything to do with front or rear engine layout. A few of my front engined cars had this issue as well.

That said, check your aircon readout display. It will show where and which blowers are running. You may have the top vent blowers running. Turn them off if they are.

dgsk - even with the vent blowers set on blowing downwards to your leg or forward through the main vent, there will "always" be small amount of air coming out from the top vent. This varies of course with the blower fan speed you're running at. I just want to confirm with you guys if you can "totally shut off" the top vent?

and yes i'm at a very humid place. blah... and i dont think its a leak, cars too new to have a blower malfunction or leak

Ah, I just noticed that you're just across the causeway from me.

I didn't say there's a blower failure. It's a flap opening issue. And it's very common in all makes and model of cars, at least for me. My 07 Merc R-class was the last to have this issue.

Just go to the aircon display and see the diagram of which blowers are turned on and at what speed. If the top blower on both sides are off and as you say it's new I presume from Eurosport KL, then call Tam to have it checked.

dgsk - dont quite get what you mean bro. what aircon display? do you mean the blower speed settings and vent directions button?

could you check, when you direct the vent to blow 100% downards to your feet, does your top vent still blows a bit of air out? or is it totally shut? thats the question i have kept asking but no one really understand what i meant i guess. if yours is totally shut without any air coming out from the top vent when ask to blow 100% downwards , then I guess i must have a leak or some sorts through the flaps

Wonder what could be wrong since there's no DTC error codes on the airvents/airconds at all. So dgsk your does not emit any air at all from the top vent?

It is not a fault that affects the safe handling of the car. It is also too common in the industry. So there's no DTC code.

What cars have you owned todate? None of them had this issue? If so, you've been very lucky.

And for the umpteenth time, YES, mine blows only where I want it.

lol dgsk thanks for the feedback. just wanted reassurances. now that I know the flap might have malfunction guess its time to get it checked out.

do own a few cars and yes I have not encountered any of this before. thats why I'm so baffled by it. closest car i own thats similar to this G is the SL65 Amg. and it doesn't do that all.

But this is the first rear enjine car I own so perhaps that could be a reason but highly doubtful now since yours doesn't have the same problem and yet we're in the same climate.

blah i'll get it sorted. thanks again