550-2 Autocar video

kane00

I can't wait to watch Tiff Needel turn that thing sideways for a glorious 60 meter slide at 90mph. The SL rims and the stripe look good on Telesto!!!

Nice Video, however I would hate to see the cost on tires yearly at 1000$ a pop for a rear wheel that could be an expensive but fun addition to the garage. I personally will keep my 560-4.

nice vid. i thought it's supposed to cost less than the LP560? what happened to that idea?

as much as it's a nice looking car, seems like a better bet to hold out and see what the new ferrari 458 will offer. but if i were to get a gallardo, this would be my choice.

as much as it's a nice looking car, seems like a better bet to hold out and see what the new ferrari 458 will offer. but if i were to get a gallardo, this would be my choice.

Keep in mind that Autocar's brief news story which originally leaked the existence of the 550-2 also mentions that we're due a proper Superleggera version of the 560-4 in the not too distant future.

Keep in mind that Autocar's brief news story which originally leaked the existence of the 550-2 also mentions that we're due a proper Superleggera version of the 560-4 in the not too distant future.

My friend, who owns some Lambos and has very good relations with the dealer also said that he was told during the factory trip that really hardcore version of LP560-4, probably called LP580-4 Superleggera will be launched this fall. There were same reports from LP members who were a factory this summer. So we can expect SL version of LP560-4 to come soon and to kick 458's ass.

The SL version won't be a "-2?" I would think that, now that they've popped their 2WD cherry (again), they would certainly go with 2WD for the ultra-light, ultra-hardcore version . . . .

My friend, who owns some Lambos and has very good relations with the dealer also said that he was told during the factory trip that really hardcore version of LP560-4, probably called LP580-4 Superleggera will be launched this fall. There were same reports from LP members who were a factory this summer. So we can expect SL version of LP560-4 to come soon and to kick 458's ass.

The SL version won't be a "-2?" I would think that, now that they've popped their 2WD cherry (again), they would certainly go with 2WD for the ultra-light, ultra-hardcore version . . . .

No idea yet. I really wish Lambo will allow customers to choose between AWD and RWD as in good Diablo old days.

I'll bet, with all the talk of under-rating of the horsepower numbers regarding the LP560-4, that all the cars (LP550-2, LP560-4, LP580-4) are all probably the same hp with different emblems plastered on the cars, lol. :icon_mrgreen:

I think so :( But the SL looks better! :icon_thumleft:

I think your SL looks really good. Can we see more pictures of your SL (any recent modification)? SL rocks! :icon_super: