Lowering a Gallardo

BadV10

I've noticed there are threads on here that talk about lowering a Gallardo. I've read them, but I haven't seen one that says how many turns of the coil-over spring nut it takes to lower the car 3/4" from the factory setting. Furthermore, I want to verify, does turning the nut to compress the spring lower the car?

I've noticed there are threads on here that talk about lowering a Gallardo. I've read them, but I haven't seen one that says how many turns of the coil-over spring nut it takes to lower the car 3/4" from the factory setting. Furthermore, I want to verify, does turning the nut to compress the spring lower the car?

Yes cahnging the lock rings on the coil over will change the highth. It depends on what year car you have 06-08 the most you can do is about 8 turns but this will give the car a nice drop make sure you turn all lock rings the same amount.

LP560 can not be adj..

Yes cahnging the lock rings on the coil over will change the highth. It depends on what year car you have 06-08 the most you can do is about 8 turns but this will give the car a nice drop make sure you turn all lock rings the same amount.

LP560 can not be adj..

Thanks for the info. I have a 2007 Nera. Can you verify though about which direction to turn the lock rings? I assume turning them to compress the spring is what will lower the car, correct?

Thanks for the info. I have a 2007 Nera. Can you verify though about which direction to turn the lock rings? I assume turning them to compress the spring is what will lower the car, correct?

I just found out that decompressing the spring lowers the car.

No you want to turn them down this lowers the spring and makes the car set lower before it starts to compress the spring. On 07 you can only drop spring about 8 turns but this drops car nice. Not as easy as it sound tho be carefull not to damage the liffting boot for the liffting system one shock is about 3000.00 bucks.

If I am not mistaken you will needed to turn the then clock wise. Make sure that you do not lower too much. You could cause the spring to lose tension if the car becomes unweighted on one wheel when driving. Also for the rear you do not want the half shafts to rub on the cats.

I lowered my Gallardo today. Very easy job. I only went eight turns on the lock rings. In fact, the front lock rings would only go eight turns before they bottomed out. The ride is good. It seems a little bit "squishier" than it did, but still ok. I'm getting the camber adjusted in the morning. The lowering job only took me one hour to do. 15 mins per wheel.

Now I need some spacers. Not very big, like a half inch or 3/8" would do. Anyone know of any? Would I half to replace the lugs? If so, is there any black lugs out there?

I lowered my Gallardo today. Very easy job. I only went eight turns on the lock rings. In fact, the front lock rings would only go eight turns before they bottomed out. The ride is good. It seems a little bit "squishier" than it did, but still ok. I'm getting the camber adjusted in the morning. The lowering job only took me one hour to do. 15 mins per wheel.

Now I need some spacers. Not very big, like a half inch or 3/8" would do. Anyone know of any? Would I half to replace the lugs? If so, is there any black lugs out there?

I would stay away from spacers. If you do get them I would recommend longer lug bolts.

I've been working with several different spacers. I'll have an answer in about a week or two for what you will need

and where to get them.

I've been working with several different spacers. I'll have an answer in about a week or two for what you will need

and where to get them.

Thanks. I lool forward to your post.

Can somebody confirm if you need an alignement or corner balance if you lower your car an inch?

I can confirm, you do need an alignment done. When we check my car after lowering it the camber and tow where off from factory specs. I attached a photo of my car getting done last friday after lowering it.

dsc_0002.jpg

Can anyone allign it, or only Lambo dealer?

Ya, any one can do it. However, I wouldn't take it to "anyone". I took mine to a shop that all they do is setup cars for road coarse racing. They have never done a Lambo, but there was nothing to it. Everything was accessible without removing any under panels. However, Lambo uses special shims that only Lambo use. But we used some shims off of a Lotus and they worked fine.

Ya, any one can do it. However, I wouldn't take it to "anyone". I took mine to a shop that all they do is setup cars for road coarse racing. They have never done a Lambo, but there was nothing to it. Everything was accessible without removing any under panels. However, Lambo uses special shims that only Lambo use. But we used some shims off of a Lotus and they worked fine.

Are you scraping around town or in your driveway more now that you lowered it?

I was gonna have my local friend at his road racing shop do it...I will let them know about the shims...Thanks for the info

On a side note, is it Ok to lower the car, drive around for a while before ordering shims and fully aligning it? What kind of damage other than tire wear can come from this?

Yes, it will be fine. Mine drove great. I couldn't tell the difference driving it.

Hey guys !

My first post ! Would love to see slammed Gallardos ! I'm considering buying one, currently owning a C6 Plastic mess-06...

Thanks San..

P.S. BTW very nice and informative board !