Best transmission oil??

v6inside

Hi guys,

i've used the search function best i could to get an idea of which tranny oil you guys would recommend for my 2006 G, but have not found my answer yet.

On my previous F360 i tried redline 75w/90 NS, MTL, MT90 and combination of NS and 75w/90 in an attempt to improve the 2nd gear selection from cold. After four different oil changes i tried Motul 300 and this improved the gearchange sustantially.

I was told the gearbox is similar to the 360 in the G, but i was also told that Motul 300 should not be used as it doesnt have the friction modifers for the LSD.

Do you guys have any favorites that you have tried that improves the gearchange?

cheers,

Gary

My oil du jour is Red Line MTL (70W80).

I've been fighting a balky 3rd gear synchro issue and the Mopar 75W90 and Agip 75W90 used by my dealer didn't help, but the MTL did the trick. I'll probably give the heavier Red Line stuff (MT-90) a try next oil change to see if my issue was solved by the thinner fluid or the different brand. I've also been told that not all gear boxes are the same, so what works for me may not work for you.

Stay away from GL-5 fluids; they're not friendly to the yellow metal parts in the gearbox.

I thought all the oil in the Lamborghini are from AGIP. At least the engine oil and the differential fluid but I could be wrong. Please keep us posted. Thanks!