Effin cabbies!

Ascari_2

So I am on my bike earlier today heading home in the bike lane. All of a sudden this cabbie pulls into the bike lane and stops. I squeeze the brakes, front wheel locks up, and I go over the handle bars. My chin takes most of the impact and I scrape my hand pretty bad. Turns out the laceration was down to the chin bone and I ended up having to get tons of stitches. Now my chin is hurting like a b!tch and my wrist is hurting quite a bit too. It's going to be interesting trying to explain the stitches in job interviews.

Yuri

been there.

That really sucks.

Sounds like there is some liability with the cab, cab company and his insurance. Hope you called medical service and you get him for pain and disfiguring.

been there.

That really sucks.

Sounds like there is some liability with the cab, cab company and his insurance. Hope you called medical service and you get him for pain and disfiguring.

Luckily he pulled over. I called the cops and got a report. I didn't request an ambulance, but the cop was actually nice enough to give me a ride to a doctor. I've already contacted an lawyer that I know. I'm definitely holding the cabbie responsible for this. Just sucks that my weekend plans have just evaporated and I can't bike at all due to my wrist. Oh well, could've been worse. My gf was lucky enough to find the only doctor who was open on a Friday night who could suture me up who ends up being a plastic surgeon. He did a pretty good job considering I could see my chin bone.

pic?

Click at your own risk. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/asc...090918-1539.jpg, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/asc...090918-1537.jpg

This was what I took right after the accident. The doc took better pics after he cleaned it up thought I don't have them yet. Either way nothing pretty. The hand was worse than the picture shows. The sad part is the first real present that my gf gave me was the watch that was on my hand. And eve thought it survived the crystal got chipped.

your palm is going to hurt for a while and you wont be able to ride. That really really sucks.

I would have put my wheel through his rear window. Ooops

That really sucks. If need be, I can recommend a good personal injury attorney in Chicago.

Mike, I already have someone, but send me a pm with the contact info anyway. Can't help to run this by one more person.

PS, Sorry mods but this should have been posted in Off Topic. Can can anyone the thread.