biggest best brakes sought for 02 Murcie

lucky30sedriver

Hi Guys ,Have a friend who wants the biggest best brakes available for his 02 murcie.He approached his local Lambo dealer who said the new ceramics from the lp640 wont fit.

Is this true,would the lp560 ceramics fit ? If not to both aftermarket ceramics or normal big brake set is required.

planning on alot of track work,any advice on what is the best kit out there would be much appreciated

Thanks

Is he using the stock wheels?

That is likely the major interference with the LP ceramics, that and the insane cost.

Does Brembo make a GTR setup for the murci? Worth looking into.

I'm sure if he calls AP or ALCON direct they can spec a caliper and build a rotor hat to hold whatever he wants.

Caliper and pad is where the power will come from, just get a rotor that fits and looks good if that is what he's after.

Is he using the stock wheels?

That is likely the major interference with the LP ceramics, that and the insane cost.

Does Brembo make a GTR setup for the murci? Worth looking into.

I'm sure if he calls AP or ALCON direct they can spec a caliper and build a rotor hat to hold whatever he wants.

Caliper and pad is where the power will come from, just get a rotor that fits and looks good if that is what he's after.

Yes stock wheels,beg my ignorance as but AP and Alcon are they US suppliers

Yes stock wheels,beg my ignorance as but AP and Alcon are they US suppliers

iirc they are european companies but are readily available in the US. Most of their stuff isn't off the shelf stock replacement type parts, but true race pieces. I would call their engineering department and talk it over. They will be able to find out what the stock master cylinder fluid volume and F/R bias is to properly recommend a caliper.

He might need to have some caliper brackets made, but thats very easy for any local shop.

http://www.apracing.com/

http://www.alconusa.com/index.cfm?template=brakes

Movit is what he needs. Pricey and the best.

That might be the overstatement of the year. The best? compared to the others listed who make brakes for F1, indycar, all the ALMS, etc, they are a bit of a no-name.

But if what you want is a huge rotor and calipers in pretty colors then by all means.

That might be the overstatement of the year. The best? compared to the others listed who make brakes for F1, indycar, all the ALMS, etc, they are a bit of a no-name.

But if what you want is a huge rotor and calipers in pretty colors then by all means.

What does it matter who makes brakes for F1 and Indy? The guy asked about brakes for an 02 Murcie. Have you tried Movit brakes on the street and on the track for a Diablo or Murcie? I have and they are good.

Give us a bit more information about who you are and where your information is coming from please.

"Good" compared to what?

The point is these other people make true race level products not just fancy colors that work marginally better than stock. I have driven a couple cars with movit brakes and while some may be due to pad selection, I wasn't overly impressed for the $$$.

Compared to a brembo GTR setup with a set of street pads there was no comparison. Those brakes will all but put you through the windshield at 150mph and do it repeatedly.

Obviously total stopping power is limited by tire grip, but you really start to see the bite and performance difference at very high speeds.

You can use hard core race parts on the street with the right pads... but you don't see anyone going the opposite direction.

For the $$ being spent *I* would want the performance to back it up.

Just looking of the forged/CNC caliper vs the cast should say a lot. But they don't come cheap, the F&R set starts somewhere around $13k iirc.

GTRcaliper.jpg

"Good" compared to what?

The point is these other people make true race level products not just fancy colors that work marginally better than stock. I have driven a couple cars with movit brakes and while some may be due to pad selection, I wasn't overly impressed for the $$$.

Compared to a brembo GTR setup with a set of street pads there was no comparison. Those brakes will all but put you through the windshield at 150mph and do it repeatedly.

Obviously total stopping power is limited by tire grip, but you really start to see the bite and performance difference at very high speeds.

You can use hard core race parts on the street with the right pads... but you don't see anyone going the opposite direction.

For the $$ being spent *I* would want the performance to back it up.

Just looking of the forged/CNC caliper vs the cast should say a lot. But they don't come cheap, the F&R set starts somewhere around $13k iirc.

GTRcaliper.jpg

I am afraid you are wrong .

For one thing when you buy CC rotors from them you have a lifetime warranty which basically means you can take them from one car to the other assuming they fit the wheels and all you have to do is change the hats.

As far as performance goes,i have them on my WSC and another friend of mine has a set on a 360 challenge and i can tell you nothing even comes close.

I am not saying the other manufactures are all bad but Movit makes the best CC brakes period.

I am not saying the other manufactures are all bad but Movit makes the best CC brakes period.

I've heard that on another forum as well. Never heard of them until asking about CC brake upgrades somewhere else.