Question for you Gallardo Owners

hipresr

Look at other posts about oil changes. This topic has been beaten to death. Look at Lamboweb.com about how to do it.

SWSWSW (some will, some won't, so what).

You have to lift the car to get at the furthest drain plug, and a special oil filter wrench, so you need the equipment. If you are not comfortable with mechanics, do not attempt.

I did my own because it was SIMPLE, and I like to do those kinds of things...It's certainly not about the money...I think Lambo Bergen County only charges about $300 a change. When I do it by myself, it costs me about $150-170 with filter/oil. Only a difference of about $130. Plus, I usually do those kinds of things when I can't drive the car (i.e. Raining outside) - so when I can't drive it, I provide some care for it even if it is before the recommended mileage.

I haven't had to do it on the 560 yet. It looks a little different, possibly easier since the filter looks like you need NO special tools to remove it, and it's easier to access. There are more diffuser panels under the car that look like they need to be removed before draining, though.

I think it's pretty simple to do. Kind of cool wrenching on a "Lambo". It's not like you save that much $ DIY for oil as the filter is expensive for what it is.

If you want to do it, do it. If not, don't.