Audio Visual guys need help.

Saleenfan

Im looking to pick up another TV around the 40"+/- mark I understand 1080p vs I etc etc and all of that stuff but the one i cant find enough information about is the 4ms vs 5ms response times. I dont have a blu ray yet but am planning on picking one up after xmas, so HD movies are a huge deal for me (my movie collection just broke 300 DVDs I love my movies). Basically what im asking is would it be worth it to pay the extra and would i notice a difference?

Also am i seeing that there are 240HZ screens now too?

I bought a new TV for my office the other day and looked at the samsung LED tv's and the biggest benefit to me was the thin design. The tv's are 1 inch thick compared to a normal plasma/lcd which is about 3 1/2. The picture may have been a tad better but not a huge difference. They averaged about 1k more for the same size samsung LCD/plasma. The other nice features of the LED were the ability to order net flicks and surf a few internet sites directly from the tv when hooked to your home network. Blue ray players can do this as well so if you have that anyway you could do the same thing on an LCD/plasma. Bottom line is will it be on a wall where a 1 inch thick tv will make a difference or on a stand where the thickness doesn't matter.

I have a new 50" plasma as well as a 50" LCD. (Also a 72" DLP Rear Projector).

Hands down the best image is the plasma....LCD is close, but there is something about it that isn't quite right. Mine is fairly new (bought this spring), and has a high response/refresh, but it still looks kind of smeared sometimes.

The other nice features of the LED were the ability to order net flicks and surf a few internet sites directly from the tv when hooked to your home network. Blue ray players can do this as well so if you have that anyway you could do the same thing on an LCD/plasma. Bottom line is will it be on a wall where a 1 inch thick tv will make a difference or on a stand where the thickness doesn't matter.

I already have this with netflix on my Xbox 360 so thats not an issue, plus i don't personally think the price justifies the image quality difference for an LED, space doesn't matter to me either.

Plasma is out because it will be used for gaming.