2004 Egear CLUTCH replacement cost? $6,500?

itsjinx

This is an after-the-fact question as my clutch is already replaced, but is $6,500 an average price for complete clutch/flywheel replacement total cost?

I didnt have much of a choice but i'm curious what some others are paying from a lambo dealership...

This is an after-the-fact question as my clutch is already replaced, but is $6,500 an average price for complete clutch/flywheel replacement total cost?

I didnt have much of a choice but i'm curious what some others are paying from a lambo dealership...

Not bad the clutch at Lambo stuff is 4505.00 pluse engine oil & egear fluid zip ties and so on 400.00 1600.00 labor

I would say going price they did not F--k you. Thats if they did the job right and reset the wear inducators with the Lap top. Was it a Factory dealer that did the work? All egear cars need there wear inducators reset after a clutch replacment which you do need the Factory laptop to do.

Not bad the clutch at Lambo stuff is 4505.00 pluse engine oil & egear fluid zip ties and so on 400.00 1600.00 labor

I would say going price they did not F--k you. Thats if they did the job right and reset the wear inducators with the Lap top. Was it a Factory dealer that did the work? All egear cars need there wear inducators reset after a clutch replacment which you do need the Factory laptop to do.

thanks for the advice. I will find out from the dealer on monday if they replace them... But do you mean wear INDICATOR(not INDUCATOR)? I'm assuming this is something that tells the car computer that the clutch has now 100% wear left so the computer keeps track? any info on this is appreciated!

thanks for the advice. I will find out from the dealer on monday if they replace them... But do you mean wear INDICATOR(not INDUCATOR)? I'm assuming this is something that tells the car computer that the clutch has now 100% wear left so the computer keeps track? any info on this is appreciated!

Yes

Did the throw out bearing need to be replaced as well?

Yes, that and reseting the PIS; Point of Initial Start.

Yes I ment Indicator. I am not good at spelling part of the reason I became a auto tech. Yes the wear indicators should be reset when clutch is replaced so it dose keep track of new wear but more so the system adapts as the clutch wears. If not reset them you get more bucking and the next clutch life may not be as long.

The PIS is (Point of initial slipage) it dose not need reset unless you want the take off different. More or less slipage on take off. If you lower PIS then the clutch will slip less on take off but may buck more. If you rase the PIS then the clutch will slip more and the take off RPM will be higher (more clutch wear) but less bucking.