Water Temp Question..Early Diablo

L Diablo

OK

So I've had this car for 3 months now. Historically, the temp gauge stays right under the 12:00 position (100). Granted it's getting warmer outside here in FL (80's)... but today I noticed for the first time the water temp gauge went up as high as the first white mark - around the 1:00 position, still far from in the red zone, but has never done that before.

Once I get moving it goes back down to the normal 12:00 position.

Those of you with early models 90-93... does your gauge ever go to the 1:00 position or does it stay put at 100?

Appreciate your comments.

Thanks Allan - I think you know Murray Bachus down here in FL. Anyway I had a check engine light for a coolant temp sensor swtich. He replaced it and ever since that time she starting running warmer than usual.

Is there a valve to bleed the sytem like a 355?

I know Murray. He seemed like a good guy, although i didnt hear good things about him when it came to mechanics from others. Did he ever put that Jalpa back together?

Yes he did... Yeah he's kind of primitive and no computers or diagnostic equip. Usually you'll see anything from a Toyota to a Lambo or FCar in the shop. One time, a long time ago, a saw an engine sitting literally one the floor, no stand or anything, just resting on the pan.

If u remember Martin dba Cavallino, he sends Murray all his stuff just to put a band aid on the car, then flips the cars. He's OK if you watch him. Like this, he overlooked bleeding the sytem and I have to do it... I'm going to start looking for someone new.

BTW - Car is fine now. Just finished road test and the temp stays glued right at 90 (12:00 position) just like the way it did before he worked on it...

Well I'm homophobic to begin with....

I checked out his shop once, when shopping for Tubi. No cars in it except a 10 year old Toyota...

I was not impressed with him or his shop.. I rather go to a dealer...

Prestige sucks for sales reputation...they're crooks... but I might let them have some service. I have been told Ultimate Motors in Orlando is one of the best in the country. What's your take on them? I have a trailer.

Hmm, i believe you are reffering to Clausens Toyota 2000 Gt, thats a special Toyota. Im suprised there where no cars in his shop. Last i was there he had a 400Gt, an early Lp400 Countach he was restoring, several Diablos, Jalpas, and a red Countach Qv. Did you go in just one portion of his shop, or both? Anyway, he is definately a weirdo, but according to those who have used him, he does good work.

Prestige i would run from, DEFINATELY DO NOT EVER GO TO PROTOTECH. I know a couple of people who work at Ultimate, but i am not familiar with their service.

Naw, shop was dead fuciking empty... the toyota was having a tune up and it was a old beater with home made window tint falling off. There was an old pos Fiat with a tarp on it..by the dust you could see it was sitting for a long time.

I walk in and he's bull shitting on the phone - not business for about 5 minutes. Then when I tell him I'm looking for Tubi and installation the fucker had the balls to say "Well, the season is starting and I'll have to try to schedule you in"... the whole freakin place is empty and he has to "schudule" me in? Go F off guy. Ya, know?

Anyway, did the Tubi myself. As you know, the ealy models are so easy to work on... it's like a chevy. Right there and easy. The VT and 6.0 are more sophisticated I'm sure, but the early's are a piece of cake. I can do everything except pull the motor or clutch.. that I'll farm out.

Enough OT - car is primo now.

Later

I believe you. That guy is queer as a three dollar bill. I have also heard that him and Jim Kaminsky have been an item in the past.

If you need help in Florida, i can refer you to a buddy of mine. Very small shop, but he is a good mechanic, although he likes like a kid. He built my Porsches, and did the exhaust and nitrous on my Diablo. But you will definately not be impressed with his shop.

Allan - Speaking of Jim.. what's up with him? I'm a real concours guy, I know u don't know me yet, but bring my name up to any FCar guy and they either know me or know of me. 8 major trophys - and have served as judge. I did my own prep, written articles, been in mags, etc etc. So Jim did the Italafest thing and I offer to help judge. He accepts. After we meet to review winners, Jim says, this guy has been a member for 5 years, so he gets a trophy, this guy comes to all our events so he gets a trophy, etc etc - with no respect to the car! I flipped out. Anyway, I protested and with the help of other judges was able to over-rule his BS. I later told him I'm not participating in any events he does. It was a joke. Some nice cars, guys who did a lot of work, and they went home empty.

BTW - The Lambo is 2 for 2 regarding shows/trophys.

Yeah - bounce me the name of the guy that did the work for you..would appreciate it.. Post here or PM me.

Thanks

FL