Heston Blumenthal cooks Christmas

capt_chaos

I love these videos and just wish I could taste those creations.

Part one

Part two

Part three

Part four

Part five

Part six

Part seven

Part eight

Guest SP-superJay

he's an idol of mine...I've always wanted to visit the Fat Duck

I have yet to eat at the Fat Duck but a friend has and he said it was utterly sensational.

And he is not a foodie. The man is a genius though, serving up a drink which is both and cold is the stuff of Willi Wonka.

Guest SP-superJay
I have yet to eat at the Fat Duck but a friend has and he said it was utterly sensational.

And he is not a foodie. The man is a genius though, serving up a drink which is both and cold is the stuff of Willi Wonka.

There's also El Bulli by Ferran Adria in Catalonia, Spain. He's the mastermind behind molecular gastronomy. There are quite a few other chefs that do the same thing. Grant Achatz @ Alinea in Chicago, IL...Jose Andres (apprentice of Ferran Adria) @ The Bazaar that just opened in Beverly Hills, CA....and Wylie Dufresne @ WD-50 in NYC, NY.

The stuff they imagine, and create before your eyes are life changing. Molec gastro utilizes all the senses while eating. See, hear, taste, feel.

As you probably know El Bulli has been voted the best restaurant in the world (beating the Fat Duck to second for a few years running) and stories about waiting lists to get on the lottery waiting lists is mind boggling.

What these guys think of is just the pure definition of mind boggling and it kind of amazing to think that people are out there pushing the boundaries but they are all good friends, there is this healthy respect between them and when the chefs have a night off they are sitting there eating in each others kitchens; have a look on youtube for the Heston in search of perfection series and he bumps into one of the chefs of Bulli at one place!

None of this Gordon "I am going to go fcuking broke soon" Ramsey bitching about other chefs it is just pure culinary magic.

If any one on here has eaten at any of the restaurants I would love to hear your experiences.

Guest SP-superJay
Molec gastro utilizes all the senses while eating. See, hear, taste, feel.

I completely forgot about smell :eusa_wall:

As you probably know El Bulli has been voted the best restaurant in the world (beating the Fat Duck to second for a few years running) and stories about waiting lists to get on the lottery waiting lists is mind boggling.

What these guys think of is just the pure definition of mind boggling and it kind of amazing to think that people are out there pushing the boundaries but they are all good friends, there is this healthy respect between them and when the chefs have a night off they are sitting there eating in each others kitchens; have a look on youtube for the Heston in search of perfection series and he bumps into one of the chefs of Bulli at one place!

None of this Gordon "I am going to go fcuking broke soon" Ramsey bitching about other chefs it is just pure culinary magic.

If any one on here has eaten at any of the restaurants I would love to hear your experiences.

I've eaten at the Fat Duk a few times - first time is the best because it's really more about the unusual food and the delivery is a great show - particularly the Nitro Scambled Egg which is cooked in liquid Nitogen at the table

If you go IMO it's best to go for the full lunch - last time I was there it was 17 course meal with 12 bottles of wine between 4 of us :) started at 12.30 and finished ~ 7.30

I've never managed to get a table at El Bulli despite applying every year

I've eaten at the Fat Duk a few times - first time is the best because it's really more about the unusual food and the delivery is a great show - particularly the Nitro Scambled Egg which is cooked in liquid Nitogen at the table

If you go IMO it's best to go for the full lunch - last time I was there it was 17 course meal with 12 bottles of wine between 4 of us :) started at 12.30 and finished ~ 7.30

I've never managed to get a table at El Bulli despite applying every year

Thanks Dtrax, was the waiting list for The Fat Duck long?

Thanks Dtrax, was the waiting list for The Fat Duck long?

If you go lunchtime Mon-Thursday it's easy to get a table, if you want a Saturday night call up 2 months ahead

btw if you have a black Amex card they have reserved tables at the Fat Duck which they can give you

Guest SP-superJay
what did you think of the vids then Jason?

I'll get back to you on that one buddy, for some reason I cant view embedded videos on my work computer...but I'll remember to take a look at them when I get home. I'm sure theyre nothing short of amazing though. I've followed Blumenthals work for a while now.

I'll get back to you on that one buddy, for some reason I cant view embedded videos on my work computer...but I'll remember to take a look at them when I get home. I'm sure theyre nothing short of amazing though. I've followed Blumenthals work for a while now.

Any relation to Dan Blumenthal ? Local car guy here in Mississippi that owns a few restaurants.

Guest SP-superJay
Any relation to Dan Blumenthal ? Local car guy here in Mississippi that owns a few restaurants.

I dont believe there's any relation

If you go lunchtime Mon-Thursday it's easy to get a table, if you want a Saturday night call up 2 months ahead

btw if you have a black Amex card they have reserved tables at the Fat Duck which they can give you

Oh right thanks for the info though I am way off black amex status redface.gif