Gallardo Brake Pads

Lamb-or-genie

Are these the OEM front brake pads? Can someone please confirm?

On Lamborghini parts website, front brake pad PN# is 400698151

Does not look like fronts to me. Maybe rear pads. Which Audi product is the picture from?.

Ok I have it wrong. My picture shows rears.

post-5917-1260191602_thumb.jpg

Those pads looks like Audi R8 pads. I bought a set from my local Audi dealer early this year to try out on the Gallardo. They're about 1/3 the cost of the Lambo OEM pads. Mine came in an Audi box, but carry the same part numbers as the ones you show - including the Pagid AQ03 friction material.

The only issue I have with the Audi R8 pads I got was that only one of the 8 had a wear sensor. The OEM Bremo set had two pads with wear sensors (one for each side). Other than that, they look the same.

Looks like you only have one wear sensor too. The part number list on the side of your box says 1 pad of one number and 7 pads of another. So now I'm really confused why Lamborghini would sell a pad set with only one wear sensor. Do the instructions tell you how to "short out" the other wear sensor cable??? My guess you would have to clip off the pigtail of the worn-out pad, sort out the wires, then plug it into the wheel well connector.

In contrast, the Lambo OEM set I got has four different pad numbers - the left and right side pads are different (directional).

I've not mounted the R8 pads yet (still waiting for the Brembo set to wear out), but it's interesting to note that Lamborghini seems to have recognized the other material.

Shown below are the pads I got from by Lambo dealer back in 2007.

boxes.JPG

DSCN0138x.JPG

I'm pretty sure on the 560 there are only sensors on one side (at least on my car with CCB's it appears to only be on the drivers side. Not sure if it is the same for the steel brake cars.)

I found out that these front brake pads were for LP560-4 but mine is 2004 Gallardo..

It seems that LP560-4 use Audi R8 brake pads with 1 wear sensor while older G's use A8, RS6 brake pads with 2 wear sensors..

So the question is can I still put them on? Are there any differences other than 1 wear sensor? The shape of the pads looks same but as doltmo stated there are 4 codes for 8 brake pads while LP560-4 pads have 2 different codes, all pads same except the one with wear sensor.

That makes sense. What we're probably seeing here is an attempt by both Audi and Lamborghini to engineer some of the extra costs out of these vehicles.

You'd have to check with Lamborghini to see if these pads will work on the early Gallardos - they'll probably say "no" due to the wear sensor issue. But give it try and see what happens. That's what I'm going to do when the current pads wear out on my '06. The only "directional" nature of the original pads appears to be the backer plate - maybe it has something to do with noise (squeal) issues with the Ferodo friction material.

Audi RS4 and RS6 pads are a direct fit including the wear sensors. I have them fitted to mine.

Lamborghini pads in UK £614.53 + Tax (@ 17.5%) plus fitting

Audi RS pads £100 + £10 delivery + Tax, plus fitting

The RS4 and RS6 are heavier cars and I haven't noticed any failing in the brakes. I can still put my passenger weightless on the safety belt.

No brainer for me on a tight budget.

No brainer for me on a tight budget.

Even not a tight budget, it would be simply INSANE to spend 6x as much on the SAME thing!

These are just brake pads...Not exactly rocket science or witchcraft. I would even try EBC pads before the Audi - Probably cheaper yet, and less brake dust.

Thanks for the info, gents! Looks like a no-brainer to get the Audi pads.

Just for info the RS6 rotors fit on the front. (The rears do not. Much thinner rotors).

post-5917-1260405445_thumb.jpg

What year RS6 front brake rotors & pads will fit Gallardos? I am not too familiar with Audi...

Soooooo, we can use the Audi RS6 front rotors, then buy OEM Lambo Gallardo rear rotors?

Is there any difference in the pad material for RS6 pads vs. A8 pads? Which model year pads are a direct fitment for my 2004 Gallardo?

Does anyone know which brake pads out there squeal the least & have minimal brake dust, while not sacrificing much on performance?

I got the EBC red pads front & rear right now. They started squealing pretty bad lately, after I hit 180+ going to Vegas... After scrubbing off a bit of speed because of upcoming traffic, I smelled burnt fish & the pads starting squealing anytime I brake now... wtf...

Just for info the RS6 rotors fit on the front. (The rears do not. Much thinner rotors).

What year RS6 front brake rotors & pads will fit Gallardos? I am not too familiar with Audi...

Soooooo, we can use the Audi RS6 front rotors, then buy OEM Lambo Gallardo rear rotors?

Is there any difference in the pad material for RS6 pads vs. A8 pads? Which model year pads are a direct fitment for my 2004 Gallardo?

Does anyone know which brake pads out there squeal the least & have minimal brake dust, while not sacrificing much on performance?

I got the EBC red pads front & rear right now. They started squealing pretty bad lately, after I hit 180+ going to Vegas... After scrubbing off a bit of speed because of upcoming traffic, I smelled burnt fish & the pads starting squealing anytime I brake now... wtf...

I use Audi fronts and Lamborghini rears. It will be 2003/4 RS6 Front rotors left and right. I do not know what the Audi pads consist of as I use Girodisc pads on all wheels.

At this stage it appears to be quieter and also a lot less brake dust. (Also the sensor wire placement on these are a bit better than the Audi parts.)

Audi part number should be 4B3615302A & 4B3615301E. These do have a larger retaning screw hole for holding the rotor on during assembly on the line. This is no big issue.

post-5917-1260413624_thumb.jpg

I use Audi fronts and Lamborghini rears. It will be 2003/4 RS6 Front rotors left and right. I do not know what the Audi pads consist of as I use Girodisc pads on all wheels.

At this stage it appears to be quieter and also a lot less brake dust. (Also the sensor wire placement on these are a bit better than the Audi parts.)

Audi part number should be 4B3615302A & 4B3615301E. These do have a larger retaning screw hole for holding the rotor on during assembly on the line. This is no big issue.

Thank you for the info! I have a friend who works at an Audi dealership, so I will pick the front rotors up through him...

Regarding your Girodisc pads, how do you like them as compared to Pagid Black Pads? I am considering either the Pagid Black Pads or the Girodisc Magic Pads...

• 2 years later...

I am told the REAR rotors/pads for the early Gallardos also match the FRONT rotors/pads from a Viper. I'm not sure what year Viper or the part #s, but if you do a search they should turn up. They are Brembo parts / fitment specs.

I've been able to find pads much more cheaply when searching for Viper and/or RS6 parts.

I also have Girodisc Magicpads and absolutely love them. Dust is 90% better, no squeal 98% of the time and can notice no braking difference over OEM although I am not an aggressive driver and have not tracked the car. Could not pay me to go back to the OEM now, so much easier to keep wheels clean. Just washed my car this weekend after 4 months (never drive in the rain and use dust mop after drive) and wheels did not look dark at all.

Since this old thread's been brought back to life, I'll update my earlier posts regarding the R8 pads.

The R8 pads with the Pagid compound are not as good as OEM Lamborghini Brembo pads with the Ferodo compound. I got two track seasons out of the OEM pads, only one (last year) with the R8 pads.

Based on what others have said, I think I'll try Girodisk Magic pads this season. I put their rotors on last spring and have been very happy with them.

If the Viper front rotors/pads work on the Gallardo's, they are sold for $75/rotor and $125/axle (brake pads) from a few vendor's on the Viper board. Can anyone confirm the fitment?