Brakes Squealing Badly

kiram

Hey Guys! My 2007 Gallardo Spyder has only 2k miles on it, but every time I apply the brakes moderately, I get the loud squealing from the brakes.

I tried using brake parts cleaner, but that didnt work. I dont want to slam on my brakes (as some people suggest) every single time I drive the car.

Any suggestions or tricks I can use to end this annoyance?

Hey Guys! My 2007 Gallardo Spyder has only 2k miles on it, but every time I apply the brakes moderately, I get the loud squealing from the brakes.

I tried using brake parts cleaner, but that didnt work. I dont want to slam on my brakes (as some people suggest) every single time I drive the car.

Any suggestions or tricks I can use to end this annoyance?

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/northeas...2B8B0-PTNg.cspx

Although I have never owned/worked on a G,

I have used a product from a company called BG. Its called "stop squeel" good name I guess.

This product has worked perfectly on every car I have put it on.

You or the tech takes the brake pads out, gently scuffs them with rough sand paper mounted to a flat surface. There is a strip sand paper from 3M (pn# 02232) that has an adhesive backing to mount on a work bench or temporarily on the garage floor surface.

After scuffing up the pads a little, the BG product is soaked on the friction side of the pads and everything is reassembled.

Again, I have never tried it on a G. Only a D and my daily drivers. I discoverd it many years ago at the dealership I work at (Toyota). A Toyota is a far cry from a Lambo, but it made an improvement on every car they put it on without compromising the braking performance. Since then the dealership has changed vendors, and I can't say I'm as impressed at the product we use now.

Hope that helps

http://www.bgprod.com/products/brake.html

1 - EBC Green or Red pads.

or

2 - Do ~5 consecutive 80mph to 10mph HARD stops on the highway (cures it for about 1000 miles)

or

3 - Turn radio up.

I do not recommend to put any thing on the pads them selfs. If it warps a rotor you are out allot of money. The best thing to do is have the pads removed look at the sides of the backing plate there will be some shinny spots this is where the squeak is coming from. On light braking the pad can vibrate in the caliper housing this makes the squeak. At most auto parts stores you can buy brake anti squeak grease or past. Apply the past to the back of the pads and the sides of the backing plate do not get it on the pad braking material. Scuff the braking surface of the pad with sand paper lightly. Clean the inside of the caliper where the pads set. Reassemble and enjoy you brakes not squeaking.

Every few year or so this will need redone depending on miles you drive.

1 - EBC Green or Red pads.

or

2 - Do ~5 consecutive 80mph to 10mph HARD stops on the highway (cures it for about 1000 miles)

or

3 - Turn radio up.

I have EBC Red Pads and they started squealing BADLY ever since I did a 180 to 80 hard stop on my drive to Vegas from LA. I was told the Girodisc "Magicpads" won't squeal, does anyone know if this is true? I am about to buy new front rotors and change from these EBC Red Pads to the Girodisc "Magicpads" if I can't figure out a way to stop the supposedly "low squeal" EBC Red pads from squealing RIDICULOUSLY everytime I apply light or hard pressure on my brakes. It is f'in embarrassing driving my car, people think my brakes are screwed up and look when I brake... WTF...