Gut out a Tubi?

04GuyYarDoh

so i bought this used tubi (serial number 000018085) for my 04 G and i think i bought the basic quieter version....it sounds high pitched and all that but it just isn't loud enough. when i close the windows, i can hardly hear it unless i'm past 4-5k rpm. can't really hear downshifts either.

so....since i bought this thing on the cheap, i'm thinking about cutting the can and getting rid of the internal resonator, if any. (has anyone done this?)

i called tubiusa dealer (championmotorsports) and they didn't know what the difference was between the regular and the loud version was but did offer to take my serial number and get back to me on whether the muffler is regular or loud version

so......what do you guys think about cutting open the muffler...am i asking for trouble? maybe i'll just take out all the internals (if any) and leave the chambers alone (if any)....in any case, i'll post up pics if i do this...

any thoughts??? TIA

Sounds like a lot of work for nothing. You might as well sell it and buy straightpipes..

so i bought this used tubi (serial number 000018085) for my 04 G and i think i bought the basic quieter version....it sounds high pitched and all that but it just isn't loud enough. when i close the windows, i can hardly hear it unless i'm past 4-5k rpm. can't really hear downshifts either.

so....since i bought this thing on the cheap, i'm thinking about cutting the can and getting rid of the internal resonator, if any. (has anyone done this?)

i called tubiusa dealer (championmotorsports) and they didn't know what the difference was between the regular and the loud version was but did offer to take my serial number and get back to me on whether the muffler is regular or loud version

so......what do you guys think about cutting open the muffler...am i asking for trouble? maybe i'll just take out all the internals (if any) and leave the chambers alone (if any)....in any case, i'll post up pics if i do this...

any thoughts??? TIA

i think straightpipe makes the car sound too "muscle". i'm looking for that F1 higher pitch sound... if all fails, i'll get either LOC or tubi extra loud version... gutting it out will only cost a few hundred bucks so i thought it might be worth a try