Murcie steering wheel options, and where's the OBD port ?

deekss

Chaps

My 05 Murcie feels old fashioned in the steering wheel department. Very skinny compared to a new BMW. I see in other posts people have mantioned changing steering wheels. Anyone any experience. What's on the SVs ? Anyone any ideas on available options ?

Also, where the OBD port ? I have a chum with an Autologic, with Lamborghini diags on, want to measure the clutch wear (yes, it's an e-gear)

Many thanks.

hello,

what is an autologic with lambo software?? i am thinking of buying the tru lambo ldas system. very expensive!! what can the autologic system do??

by the way the big plug that came on all cars after 1996 is by the drivers right knee up under the dash. the 4 pin ldas plug is in the fuse box in the passenger foot well hanging loose. hope that helps!

thanks donnie

Chaps

My 05 Murcie feels old fashioned in the steering wheel department. Very skinny compared to a new BMW. I see in other posts people have mantioned changing steering wheels. Anyone any experience. What's on the SVs ? Anyone any ideas on available options ?

Also, where the OBD port ? I have a chum with an Autologic, with Lamborghini diags on, want to measure the clutch wear (yes, it's an e-gear)

Many thanks.

MACarbon will recover your old wheel, they can do carbon and variations of leather, suede and also offer thicker wheels, google them and they have some options shown on the site.

I am thinking of having mine redone in perf leather (bottom is already carbon) with colour coded stitching.

Russell

MACarbon will recover your old wheel, they can do carbon and variations of leather, suede and also offer thicker wheels, google them and they have some options shown on the site.

I am thinking of having mine redone in perf leather (bottom is already carbon) with colour coded stitching.

Russell

Macarbon.... oh yes... Murci Sport Suede with carbon bottom.. that's exactly what I was looking for..... Fab !.... They do sum it up well when they say Murci comes with a ho hum steering wheel...

hello,

what is an autologic with lambo software?? i am thinking of buying the tru lambo ldas system. very expensive!! what can the autologic system do??

by the way the big plug that came on all cars after 1996 is by the drivers right knee up under the dash. the 4 pin ldas plug is in the fuse box in the passenger foot well hanging loose. hope that helps!

thanks donnie

I have a 09 BMW 535d (don't think you have them in US), chipped is 330HP with 700nm torque - outdrags most things and does 35mpg and 170MPH.. great commuter hack..... anyway... adding any retrofit options needs coding to the car. The main dealers are expensive idiots and won't experiment for me. Local German independant garage has £30K diagnostic computer (Autologic) that will code new BMWs and upgrade s/w etc.... Using it to fiddle with the BMW options..(USB retrofit and getting the telematics to take incoming calls ! - I have time on my hands) When the thing boots up, top level screen shows icons for manufacturers, Audi, BMW, Porsche and Lamborghini etc. Select Lamborghini asks Murci or G. Couldn't find the ODBII port on my Murci however. Just want to plug in, have a browse through the ECUs and check clutch plate thickness. Hadn't heard of ldas until your post however... Will look for both plugs tomorrow... Mine is RHD so they may be either side ... I'm guessing you're saying the Lambo dealers diagnostics plugs into this 4 pin connector ?!

We use both plugs the 4 pin Ldas plug is for engine management. We use the obd2 plug for LARA this is the program we use to read clutch wear. We have a different cable and programs for airbag and ABS also thru obd2 plug.

The stock Murci wheel is probably the plainest looking wheel we work on. Most of our Murci wheels were done to address that shortcoming. We had done some thicker wheels in the past but I was never 100% happy with them as to me the extra padding made them feel too spongy. We just did our first wheel with a new process that results in a perfect firm feel while adding that extra thickness that makes the wheel as thick as a Gallardo wheel. It takes it from 29x24mm (measures at the 12 o'clock position) to 34x29mm. The stock '09 Gallardo wheel measures 35x29.

I've attached some pics of the wheel we just did. The owner was really happy and reports the car feels better to drive. The first pictures are of it installed, then we compare it to the stock Murci wheel, and the final two are some close ups of the details.

Each of our wheels is custom made to your exact specifications. Carbon (or none), leather, alcantara, suede, stitching, 12 o'clock rings, etc are all customizable. We do the wheel and then ship it to you - you do not need to send in your wheel. Installation takes less than an hour and can be done by the owner.

Please PM me or contact the shop at 650.489.4415 for details.

murci_thick_wheel-1.jpg

murci_thick_wheel_close_up.jpg

murci_close_up2.jpg

murci_comparison_close_up.jpg

P1170347.jpg

P1170337.jpg

The stock Murci wheel is probably the plainest looking wheel we work on. Most of our Murci wheels were done to address that shortcoming. We had done some thicker wheels in the past but I was never 100% happy with them as to me the extra padding made them feel too spongy. We just did our first wheel with a new process that results in a perfect firm feel while adding that extra thickness that makes the wheel as thick as a Gallardo wheel. It takes it from 29x24mm (measures at the 12 o'clock position) to 34x29mm. The stock '09 Gallardo wheel measures 35x29.

I've attached some pics of the wheel we just did. The owner was really happy and reports the car feels better to drive. The first pictures are of it installed, then we compare it to the stock Murci wheel, and the final two are some close ups of the details.

Each of our wheels is custom made to your exact specifications. Carbon (or none), leather, alcantara, suede, stitching, 12 o'clock rings, etc are all customizable. We do the wheel and then ship it to you - you do not need to send in your wheel. Installation takes less than an hour and can be done by the owner.

Please PM me or contact the shop at 650.489.4415 for details.

murci_thick_wheel-1.jpg

murci_thick_wheel_close_up.jpg

murci_close_up2.jpg

murci_comparison_close_up.jpg

P1170347.jpg

P1170337.jpg

You'll be getting a call later today !......... Do you also suede cover the side plugs on the Murci wheel ?!

We use both plugs the 4 pin Ldas plug is for engine management. We use the obd2 plug for LARA this is the program we use to read clutch wear. We have a different cable and programs for airbag and ABS also thru obd2 plug.

Thanks for the info Jeff... It's just for my trivial amusement to see what's in the ECUs... what's the limit for a clutch plate ? Is the factory stated limit in the order of 12mm or 7mm or something like that ? At what thickness do you start to see gear selection problems ?