997.2 Turbo S

roguetrader

Just can't imagine a better sporting-DD than a 997.2 Turbo S with PDK.

With the possible exception of something that leans more to the luxury side like a Bentley CGT, what other option would be as well-rounded as the Porsche?

:icon_thumleft:

Looking around on 6speed, it seems to responding decently to the preliminary mods too.

Porsche builds an amazing machine. I love them and will own another again; maybe even this model. My only gripe with them is the styling. I love it, but it's just not eye-catching. It's more an experiment in mastering function over form.

The CGT Mirage Carbon edition from Gemballa is about the only Porsche I have ever seen that GRABS my eye. MAYBE the GTR800...MAYBE

I'm a bit confused. Article I read stated "fasted 911 yet." But it's 523bhp, same as the current 997 GT2. Obviously the GT2 has a proper 'box and not the flappy paddle (so slower), but power/weight it isn't the fastest.

I'm a bit confused. Article I read stated "fasted 911 yet." But it's 523bhp, same as the current 997 GT2. Obviously the GT2 has a proper 'box and not the flappy paddle (so slower), but power/weight it isn't the fastest.

You are right about the power/weight. The reason it's the fastest is the 0-60 and 0-100 times it will post. The 4WD will give it an advantage off the line. The current GT2 is .1 SLOWER than the regular 'new' Turbo to 60. This S version will probably be .2 or .3 faster than that.

I have a NA 09 911 for my daily and love it. These cars have come a long way with technology inside and out. I am starting to crave a turbo though, just like I'm starting to look for a Murcie. Does it ever end!?!?!?

Stunning car, really quick and easy to access the power, only thing with Gen2 Porsches is they are maybe lacking in character? I had a C4S PDK for a while and although very quick and compliant it felt like it could have been from any manufacturer:(