Wheels did you mean empirical? Just checking :icon_mrgreen:

Yeah I misspelled another word in that post as well :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know, I am going by the assumption there is a god for the sake of the argument. I'm saying it does NOT need those three traits.

:eusa_think: Okay well this is interesting, so you are saying there CAN be an ultimate creator, but for that ultimate creator to be God as in say the Christian god, it must have the three Os, and if not, it is not the Christian god, but can still be something that a regular person would consider a god (all-powerful creator)?

Logic says two particles can't be in the same place at once, but physics can show that. Logic goes haywire at certain points of physics. Like the wave-particle duality theory.

I disagree, because if the laws of physics go haywire and illogical at certain points, then a god need not be bound by logic. BTW if you become a philosophy professor you are going to get confronted by people like me who challenge your answers so be prepared!

That's the opinion of certain people, no way to prove it's true. According to physicists there are more than three dimensions, but that makes no sense. As far as we can logically tell, there are only three dimensions, nothing more. Yet physicists like Hawking have said there's up to twelve dimensions.

And physics is like philosophy to a degree. There's a big argument right now between Hawking and I forget the other guy over whether or not information disappears permanently forever when it enters a black hole (some say it does, others say it cannot, as that is illogical! :lol2: ).

Math is grounded in logic.

the moon being made out of cheese is actually impossible, a dragon (fire expelling giant flying being with wings far to small to sustain flight in earths atmosphere): not on earth, a 34'8" tall human: biologically impossible. A mountain made out of gold: A natural geological mountain is basically impossible, man made moutain yes, very possible. A unicorn: white horses exist, quite close to a unicorn, just missing one small piece :icon_mrgreen:

Seriously all that does is show that the more specific you are about something possibly existing, the less chance of that thing actually existing. The further one defines a God, the less chance of that God existing.

Also I just want to point out that as science progresses it pushes further and further away the possible direct influence that a possible God might have.

I lumped both of you guys together because you both made the same mistakes. I love to talk about it; I was just trying to be expeditious for the sake of other people.

You guys are still both confusing logical and physical impossibilities. here are some examples:

Flying pigs: Logically POSSIBLE, Physically IMPOSSIBLE

Moon made of Cheese: Logically Possible, Physically Improbable (possibly impossible)

Gold drowing on trees: Logicall POSSIBLE, Physically impossible

2+2=5: Logically AND Physically IMPOSSIBLE

All of this talk about what physics says is only about PHYSICAL possibility; physics does NOT deal with logical impossibilities. i cannot stress that enough.

If Science says man can't fly, that doesn't make it LOGICALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

And Wheels, you are absolutely correct about how in order for the christian god to be 'true', he must have all 3-O qualities; however, ONLY a god with all 3 qualities is worthy of worship. That's the point. Sure, there could be a creator, but he could be perfectly EVIL, and not know much at all hence why you shouldn't worship him.

Yeah I misspelled another word in that post as well :icon_mrgreen:

I saw that but after my initial post so I let that one slide :icon_mrgreen:

ok ok so what's the conclusion??

I swear if I don't stop posting n LP I will lose all my customers, I rescheduled all my meetings for today :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Conclusion: No ark, no god, no imaginary friend, we all die. :)

Did you hear that Bozo?? He said no imaginary friend so you must go now :crybaby2:

D.Wiggs just so we're clear on one thing, I am not saying that belief in an ultimate creator means one should worship said creator; although I lean towards believing in such a creator, I am not saying it must be worshipped.

All of this talk about what physics says is only about PHYSICAL possibility; physics does NOT deal with logical impossibilities. i cannot stress that enough.

Yes it does. Look at the wave-particle duality theory. Something cannot be both a wave and a particle, yet both light and electricity are. Logically impossible yet it is reality.

Or Plank's Dual-Slit experiment, which would imply parallel universes, otherwise makes no sense logically.

Or the notion that all information that enters a black hole disappears. According to certain physicists, this not only doesn't make sense, it also would undo all of Einstein's and Feynmen's work and so forth.

Or more than three dimensions, also goes against logic.

On the subatomic level, logic seems to go completely out the window. 2+2 will equal 5 and up can be down and down can be up at the same time and so forth.

So I think the creator could have created logic.

Conclusion: No ark, no god, no imaginary friend, we all die. :)

That's just one conclusion. We could die and the experience afterwards be more amazing then anyone can comprehend. There is lots to this universe that makes no sense and we are limited in our experiencing it as humans.

Here, Wiggs, this is for you and all your followers :lol2:

:lol2:

Did you hear that Bozo?? He said no imaginary friend so you must go now :crybaby2:

oh no!!

Guest skokos

No the conclusion of this thread is: you believe what ever you want. Because just as much as an athiest words affect me or anyone else who believes in god my words affect an athiest. ZILCH. And now that we've gone full circle...and a post I had no idea would turn into a 15 page discussion has covered everything LOL

ok ok so what's the conclusion??

I swear if I don't stop posting n LP I will lose all my customers, I rescheduled all my meetings for today :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

D.Wiggs just so we're clear on one thing, I am not saying that belief in an ultimate creator means one should worship said creator; although I lean towards believing in such a creator, I am not saying it must be worshipped.

Yes it does. Look at the wave-particle duality theory. Something cannot be both a wave and a particle, yet both light and electricity are. Logically impossible yet it is reality.

Or Plank's Dual-Slit experiment, which would imply parallel universes, otherwise makes no sense logically.

Or the notion that all information that enters a black hole disappears. According to certain physicists, this not only doesn't make sense, it also would undo all of Einstein's and Feynmen's work and so forth.

Or more than three dimensions, also goes against logic.

On the subatomic level, logic seems to go completely out the window. 2+2 will equal 5 and up can be down and down can be up at the same time and so forth.

So I think the creator could have created logic.

That's just one conclusion. We could die and the experience afterwards be more amazing then anyone can comprehend. There is lots to this universe that makes no sense and we are limited in our experiencing it as humans.

:eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: Damnit Wheels!!! :lol2:

You are AGAIN confusing Logical and Physical impossibility!!!

there is nothing about something being a wave that makes it LOGICALLY impossible to also be a particle.

Nothing in logic dictates ONLY 3 dimensions; there could be a billion; it's all LOGICALLY possible.

You are using conclusions that science tells you and confusing that with logic.

:eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: Damnit Wheels!!! :lol2:

You are AGAIN confusing Logical and Physical impossibility!!!

there is nothing about something being a wave that makes it LOGICALLY impossible to also be a particle.

Logically something cannot be both a wave and a particle. It's either one or the other. Except things like light and electricity are both, which makes no sense. It's like something that behaves as a square but then also behaves like a circle. It can't be both, but it is.

Nothing in logic dictates ONLY 3 dimensions; there could be a billion; it's all LOGICALLY possible.

How so? How does one form more than three dimensions? You have up, down, right, left, forward backwards, what else is there? Logically it makes no sense.

You are using conclusions that science tells you and confusing that with logic.

Science is grounded in logic.

No the conclusion of this thread is: you believe what ever you want. Because just as much as an athiest words affect me or anyone else who believes in god my words affect an athiest. ZILCH. And now that we've gone full circle...and a post I had no idea would turn into a 15 page discussion has covered everything LOL

Exactly and since you cause all this mayhem I propose that from this day going forward "Pandoras Box" to be named after you:

"Skokos Box"

Hint Hint :icon_mrgreen:

Logically something cannot be both a wave and a particle. It's either one or the other. Except things like light and electricity are both, which makes no sense. It's like something that behaves as a square but then also behaves like a circle. It can't be both, but it is.

How so? How does one form more than three dimensions? You have up, down, right, left, forward backwards, what else is there? Logically it makes no sense.

Science is grounded in logic.

No. No. with a side of HELL NO! :lol2:

More than three dimensions makes no PHYSICAL sense, it can make logical sense.

Science is grounded in logic, YES!!!!!!! Logic is NOT grounded in science!!!!!!!!

Exactly and since you cause all this mayhem I propose that from this day going forward "Pandoras Box" to be named after you:

"Skokos Box"

:iamwithstupid: :lol2:

If portions of the physical world can violate completely the so-called "laws" of logic, than logic only holds for a certain portion of the universe. Meaning it is not absolute, and you can violate it. Which means god could have created it, it is just another set of rules/laws he/she/it wrote in building the universe.

If portions of the physical world can violate completely the so-called "laws" of logic, than logic only holds for a certain portion of the universe. Meaning it is not absolute, and you can violate it. Which means god could have created it, it is just another set of rules/laws he/she/it wrote in building the universe.

NOTHING, NADA, ZERO can violate the laws of logic. If anyone thinks logical laws can be violated, they are a grade a moron.

ok now can somebody please explain to me how the internet works???

I type here on my computer and D.Wiggs and all of you can see it in America if that's not magic I don't know what is.

Once you explain to me the internet I want to know about the phone, man that amazes me, than radio and TV.

Do you believe in magic D.Wiggs?

Guest skokos

"Skokos Box"

Well I do love a good box now and then ;)

ok now can somebody please explain to me how the internet works???

I type here on my computer and D.Wiggs and all of you can see it in America if that's not magic I don't know what is.

Once you explain to me the internet I want to know about the phone, man that amazes me, than radio and TV.

Do you believe in magic D.Wiggs?

No, I don't believe in magic. :lol2:

And it's all 1s and 0s; and, to be even more simplistic; it's all done with "high power" and "low power". :icon_thumleft: