Speedometer and odometer taken from the same sensor?

My speedometer reads about 8-10 MPH high at around 100 MPH, seems like a common lambo thing, does this mean the odometer is picking up mileage quicker than it should as well?

This was covered before on this forum somewhere. The correct answer is NO. The speedo is independent from the odometer, according to other forum users. This was tested by other members, and although the speedo reads high, the odo is correct. You can test this with a GPS unit.

I have carefully calibrated the speedo, and it reads consistently 10% too high at any speed. This was done by more than one method. This ridiculous "safety feature" was done on purpose by the thoughful people at Lamborgini. :rant: Except now you do not know how fast you are actually driving, and have to constantly calculate true speed in your head.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the info.....

This was covered before on this forum somewhere. The correct answer is NO. The speedo is independent from the odometer, according to other forum users. This was tested by other members, and although the speedo reads high, the odo is correct. You can test this with a GPS unit.

I have carefully calibrated the speedo, and it reads consistently 10% too high at any speed. This was done by more than one method. This ridiculous "safety feature" was done on purpose by the thoughful people at Lamborgini. :rant: Except now you do not know how fast you are actually driving, and have to constantly calculate true speed in your head.

Lamborghinis, at least all of the ones I know of, are not off by a flat %. They are off about 7-10 MPH.