04 Murci gas gage acting up.

NSXtoMURCI

04 Murci Egear - My gas needle in the dash is acting up, I put $50 of gas in the tank and the needle only pointing to less than 1/4 in the gage? I expect it to be 3/4 of the tank or more? after driving the car about 30 miles the needle is pointing to empty and the little yellow empty gas light came on so I pulled in and begin filling up but it only allow me to put no more than $15 to $20 dollars worth of gas in the tank. I try to squeeze the nozzle and it keep shuting off. I try different gas station but the end result was the same. Could this be the fuel pump acting up? Can anyone advise me on this? TIA

I would fill it up and drive around until you think its empty. Just watch how many miles you are putting on it so you don't get stuck somewhere on the side of the road LOL. Your car probably gets about 10miles to the gallon with a 26 gallon tank. Drive around for about 245-250 miles and then go fill up again and see if that resets your fuel gauge. If not you will need a new sensor.

This issue came to great light with the 2007 cars. Almost all were recalled for faulty gas tank..and not due to fire as stated, but due to corrosion around the sending unit and the seal and wires...causing for in-correct readings as well as possible leaks that can cause fire..I wouold susoect this is the issue with your car..but dought Lambo wanted to go back this far for recall..I do know the fix is a 7 hour labor estimate job at lambo with about 350 dollars in parts as well..

Thankx "anton28" and "roytoy2003" for shining some lights on my post. Roytoy I dread the gas tank replacement...for the total cost is around $10K :shock: according to Lambo Dealer (is this true?) I do hope it's just a bad sending unit or a bad sensor and cost only $1200 to $1400. To answer anton28, the gas tank won't allow me to fill it up. When I see the needle point to 1/4 in the dash gage and the little yellow gas sign lid up I would pull in to fill up the gas but the pump stop pumping only at $15 to $20 worth of gas :rolleyes:. I'm taking the car to the dealer soon. Thankx again

Thankx "anton28" and "roytoy2003" for shining some lights on my post. Roytoy I dread the gas tank replacement...for the total cost is around $10K :shock: according to Lambo Dealer (is this true?) I do hope it's just a bad sending unit or a bad sensor and cost only $1200 to $1400. To answer anton28, the gas tank won't allow me to fill it up. When I see the needle point to 1/4 in the dash gage and the little yellow gas sign lid up I would pull in to fill up the gas but the pump stop pumping only at $15 to $20 worth of gas :rolleyes: . I'm taking the car to the dealer soon. Thankx again

If there was a tech bulletin - there is no time limit on them replacing it at their cost. There are many cars that sit not being driven - so there is not time limit on them replacing it if a manual recall is issued.