Anyone install a Valentine-One mirror in their Murcie?

Smoky

I'm finding several examples for Beemer mirrors. And I had one of these done custom in a 350Z I owned. It is the best thing since sliced bread and I'd love to do this for my Lambo to help keep the interior tidy.

Has anyone completed a V1 mirror install? Which mirror works best? Should I avoid mirrors with auto-dimming functions or can I adapt a beemer harness? I want to be careful of the Murcie's electrical system. I'm fine with a mirror + V1 only and no other frills. But self dimming (and maybe one that doesn't melt!), homelink, and V1 in a single mirror would be very nice.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to hearing creative V1 installs as well, not just mirror installs.

yes...Joey (ContinentalGT) can speak to this. I saw a very clean, albeit pricey, install on his SL this weekend. Very nice and one of the cleanest ones yet. The mirror is called StealthOne. Pretty slick. Had one on one of my previous BWM Ms.

http://www.stealthone.biz/

yes...Joey (ContinentalGT) can speak to this. I saw a very clean, albeit pricey, install on his SL this weekend. Very nice and one of the cleanest ones yet. The mirror is called StealthOne. Pretty slick. Had one on one of my previous BWM Ms.

http://www.stealthone.biz/

Thank you for the leads! That helps a great deal!

Looking at that link...it seems very BMW specific because it hacks into the ECU to present data on the information display in the instrument bin. I'd be afraid to do this on the Murcie just because of all the electrical horror stories floating around.

I will ping Joey and ask for some pics and how-to's because this would be awesome but it sounds risky. I'd really be happy to keep the V1 display inside the mirror.

Update: There is no one the forum names ContinentalGT. Only Continental-Circus and he has zero posts. Is this the correct user id? Or is he on another forum? Thanks!

I have it done on my LP640..

You have what done? The StealthOne or a V1 mirror?

Any details? Pics? Links for where you purchased the equipment? Any information you can add would be very much appreciated!

Thank you for the leads! That helps a great deal!

Looking at that link...it seems very BMW specific because it hacks into the ECU to present data on the information display in the instrument bin. I'd be afraid to do this on the Murcie just because of all the electrical horror stories floating around.

I will ping Joey and ask for some pics and how-to's because this would be awesome but it sounds risky. I'd really be happy to keep the V1 display inside the mirror.

Update: There is no one the forum names ContinentalGT. Only Continental-Circus and he has zero posts. Is this the correct user id? Or is he on another forum? Thanks!

yep he is there... SN is ContinentalGT. Joey, if you see this, respond please.

yep he is there... SN is ContinentalGT. Joey, if you see this, respond please.

Found him! Must have had a typo yesterday. Or the search is being wonky. Any rate, I PM'd him. Thanks!

Found him! Must have had a typo yesterday. Or the search is being wonky. Any rate, I PM'd him. Thanks!

For some reason I am unable to edit my own posts, so I need to reply to my own reply...

Following up (it's my pet peeve when people start a query in a thread and then do not follow up) I was able to reach ContinentalGT, thank you for the help! He said he had a tech at a Lambo dealer handle the work for him. It was very, very expensive. Almost 5 times more expensive than the guy who took care of this on my 350Z! That's a bit pricey so the hunt for a solution continues.

If it weren't for the wiring paranoia I'd just get another homelink mirror from the 350Z and have the V1 treatment done to it again, and then use that in the Murci. I do not need auto dimming (I've never found it to work well in other cars I've owned anyway...sour grapes lol). So maybe not needing auto dimming opens up less expensive options?

Thanks again!

Hey Smoky,

Sorry that my installation was out of your range. I remembered this was a topic amongst a few Gallardo owners not too long ago. Maybe have a look at the following thread and follow-up with some of them to see what they ended up doing:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49317

Good luck!

Thanks for that link! And no sorry needed at all. I was just surprised. :-) Not the first or last Lambo-related pricetag that will shock me, I am sure!

Cheers

If its in a coupe then you could mount it where I said in the PM I sent you.

Hi Infamous

I did get your PM. Thank you for that! However your PM focused more on "where to mount the V1 unit", which is helpful but it is not the issue I am concerned with at the moment. I am trying to settle the display portion first, preferably inside the mirror. In your PM:

I have a valentine 1 detector in my stock LP640 mirror. I molded the unit itself into the back part of the headliner with a clear sight out of the back window and thru the front windshield. I own a shop in NY. The control knob for the unit is on the steering column behind the turn signal stalk..

You only mention that you have it installed in your mirror but no further details on that part. Then you describe how you molded the unit itself into the headliner and where you located the volume knob. That sounds nice and are great tips for the UNIT installation, but before I worry about the unit I want to get the DISPLAY portion within the mirror squared away first.

Can you provide more details on your mirror installation? Did you just use the same guy as ContinentalGT for the mirror portion? Or did you purchase a V1 mirror from an off-the-shelf site like I mentioned above and then adapted the mirror for the Murci? If you have more details about the mirror portion of the install that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Hi Infamous

I did get your PM. Thank you for that! However your PM focused more on "where to mount the V1 unit", which is helpful but it is not the issue I am concerned with at the moment. I am trying to settle the display portion first, preferably inside the mirror. In your PM:

You only mention that you have it installed in your mirror but no further details on that part. Then you describe how you molded the unit itself into the headliner and where you located the volume knob. That sounds nice and are great tips for the UNIT installation, but before I worry about the unit I want to get the DISPLAY portion within the mirror squared away first.

Can you provide more details on your mirror installation? Did you just use the same guy as ContinentalGT for the mirror portion? Or did you purchase a V1 mirror from an off-the-shelf site like I mentioned above and then adapted the mirror for the Murci? If you have more details about the mirror portion of the install that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

No I used the factory mirror. I did not etch the mirror like the off the shelf ones. When the V1 is off you dont see it in the mirror it fades away. Once I turn it on it shines thru. Take the mirror apart and use the concealed display as a template if you want to do it that way...

No I used the factory mirror. I did not etch the mirror like the off the shelf ones. When the V1 is off you dont see it in the mirror it fades away. Once I turn it on it shines thru. Take the mirror apart and use the concealed display as a template if you want to do it that way...

Any pics?

You did this yourself?

Is it still easy to read the V1 display without etching the mirror? Is there any "ghosting" or is it blurry? Sounds interesting. Need pics! :)

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...