Fitting LP640 tip to 03 Murcie

Smoky

Creating a new post for this....

I'm looking to accomplish what DWiggs has done with an LP640 tip on a 2003 Murcie. Mine will be using a Larini Sports exhaust with secondary decat. The Larini system is meant to bolt directly to the factory outlet if desired. A couple questions...

First, if I buy a Larini for the 2003 Murcie, with it fit the exit for the LP640? Are all Murcielago Larini systems built the same, or do they change between 02-06 and 07+?

Second, if everything fits ok, I assume I would need parts 17-24 from the following diagram. Is this correct?

LP640RDS-2510300.jpg

Put another way, is item #20 in that diagram the same across all years of Murcielago?

Thanks!

Creating a new post for this....

I'm looking to accomplish what DWiggs has done with an LP640 tip on a 2003 Murcie. Mine will be using a Larini Sports exhaust with secondary decat. The Larini system is meant to bolt directly to the factory outlet if desired. A couple questions...

First, if I buy a Larini for the 2003 Murcie, with it fit the exit for the LP640? Are all Murcielago Larini systems built the same, or do they change between 02-06 and 07+?

Second, if everything fits ok, I assume I would need parts 17-24 from the following diagram. Is this correct?

LP640RDS-2510300.jpg

Put another way, is item #20 in that diagram the same across all years of Murcielago?

Thanks!

Following up on my own topic, a fellow from Larini says all I need is the LP640 finisher (exhaust tip). He recommended I have that attached to OEM 03-06 exit pipes (I guess he meant to remove the OEM dual tips from the exit pipes, since they are all one piece on the first gen).

This means I will have to entrust a local welder to cut the tips off of a pair of $2k 03 pipes, and (correctly) weld on the LP640 tip. That sounds iffy.

I'd love to keep an updated, OEM look. But at this point it might be safer aesthetically to go with the Larini exits. Back on the fence I go.

• 3 years later...
Following up on my own topic, a fellow from Larini says all I need is the LP640 finisher (exhaust tip). He recommended I have that attached to OEM 03-06 exit pipes (I guess he meant to remove the OEM dual tips from the exit pipes, since they are all one piece on the first gen).

This means I will have to entrust a local welder to cut the tips off of a pair of $2k 03 pipes, and (correctly) weld on the LP640 tip. That sounds iffy.

I'd love to keep an updated, OEM look. But at this point it might be safer aesthetically to go with the Larini exits. Back on the fence I go.

Bumping an old thread how did it go for you?

I just bought piece nr 20 and 23 on that diagram and noticed it wont fit on my exhaust.

The entire LP640 exhaust is different. The LP640 has a muffler bypass right on the primary cat pipe, the Murcielago dod not. So the tail pipe section is different as well to accept the bypass, plus has the mounting plate for the Hex outlet. Not sure if you want to buy all those components tho just to do a tip uprgade. You could possibly get a fab shop to weld the tip onto your existing pipes, but it will have to be a custom job, not bolt on.

The entire LP640 exhaust is different. The LP640 has a muffler bypass right on the primary cat pipe, the Murcielago dod not. So the tail pipe section is different as well to accept the bypass, plus has the mounting plate for the Hex outlet. Not sure if you want to buy all those components tho just to do a tip uprgade. You could possibly get a fab shop to weld the tip onto your existing pipes, but it will have to be a custom job, not bolt on.

Yes i will prob have to do a custom job, like i did on my current tip.

Im having a lp640 bodykit upgrade this Winter so thats the reason im changing my tip again.

IMG_1288.jpg

Even if there is a bypass on the lp640 dont u Think its possible to just weld it and connect? it looks like the silencer is the same or am i wrong?

That was a good price and really nice in dark chrome.

I've ordered the RSC 640 exhaust tip as well. They said it should take about 2 wks before shipping. Will probably have to custom

weld this tip on to my existing muffler, also.