dont mess with the swiss

Andrew70

WOW! That should be the DUI punishment! $1,000,000!!!!!!!!!

That was my first thought, too. Although I'm sure they aren't exactly lax on DUIs. Is the grass just greener on the other side in regards to speeding (US vs. Europe)?

That was my first thought, too. Although I'm sure they aren't exactly lax on DUIs. Is the grass just greener on the other side in regards to speeding (US vs. Europe)?

I'm sure they aren't. I meant that should be the US poilcy.

The Swiss are just super strict with speeding. Most of Europe doesn't take it THAT seriously; I would say the US cares more about speeding than Europe on average and, on average, Europe takes DUI much more seriously.

I would say the US cares more about speeding than Europe on average and, on average, Europe takes DUI much more seriously.

The speeding tickets are a source of income. Government testing showed the average driver is comfortable cruising at 75-80 mph. They also found that there are less fatalities when the speed limit is higher. But, since people are only comfortable up to 80, they won't raise the speed limits because they would lose too much money generated from ticketing. That is the story in the USA. All facts!

In Europe a lot of countries have changed to a zero-tolerance policy on foreign and local drivers speeding in their country. Switzerland is one of the most strict countries, any offense over 18 mph to fast is considered a criminal offense and locals can face penalties based on their income / wealth. Earlier this year a Swiss national was fined 190.000 euro for driving 85 km/h in a 50 km/h zone.

As a foreigner you will be able to get away with a lot of fines because there are no agreements between all European countries yet and fines can't be income based because the judge won't have insight into your foreign income.

In most European countries anything over 50 km/h will make you loose your license in that country, you can simply fly home and get a new license in your home country but you will be banned from driving in that country for a period from 1 month to two years. General fines are between 250$ and 1500$ for speeding over 50 km/h.

In Germany the autobahns are radar controlled at the areas where there is a speed limit, mostly at road works or dangerous stretches. Penalties for speeding through road works are twice as high in The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.

The speeding tickets are a source of income. Government testing showed the average driver is comfortable cruising at 75-80 mph. They also found that there are less fatalities when the speed limit is higher. But, since people are only comfortable up to 80, they won't raise the speed limits because they would lose too much money generated from ticketing. That is the story in the USA. All facts!

Exactly! Montana, when it had no speed limit, proved the average speed traveled was 77MPH.

WOW! That should be the DUI punishment! $1,000,000!!!!!!!!!

Wiggs, I would love(even pay!) to sit in judgment over you when you fcuk up...... there would be no mercy my friend, say you let your grass grow an inch too high.....your special fine, $2,000,000!!!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

Wiggs, I would love(even pay!) to sit in judgment over you when you fcuk up...... there would be no mercy my friend, say you let your grass grow an inch too high.....your special fine, $2,000,000!!!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

Make it $2,000,000,000! I'm payin with Monopoly money babY!!

You'll never catch me with a DUI so I will 'preach' all I want. I WON'T preach on not speeding; however, because, not only do I DO IT a lot, but I don't think it should be illegal. :)

:iamwithstupid: :icon_mrgreen:

Wiggs, remember that thread about living comfortably on $200k/month (or whatever it was)?

When you get to billionaire status, I want you to give MADD $100k a month. :icon_mrgreen:

:iamwithstupid: :icon_mrgreen:

Wiggs, remember that thread about living comfortably on $200k/month (or whatever it was)?

When you get to billionaire status, I want you to give MADD $100k a month. :icon_mrgreen:

fcuk MADD. I'll just pay police to arrest dumbass motherfuckers leaving the bar! :lol2:

Wiggs, you get to that level and you better pay me 400k a year as your "spiritual advisor!" :)

You will be my automotive spiritual advisor!!! :icon_mrgreen: